Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Clunker game finally came.

Well I thought it would be the UNLV game but it was Drexel instead. I'd like to tell you I'm surprised but I'm not. 42 to 26 on the glass, ''REALLY'', Can you say effort issue....... Also couple the fact that after Saturday's game and that 20th ranking Rick couldn't get a few of them back down to earth.

What in the heck has happened to Mike Marra, he can't throw the ball in the Atlantic Ocean. If he can't pick up his shooting from outside Louisville is in MAJOR trouble. Peyton Siva at the line towards the end of the game, ''CLUNK'', ''CLANK'', let's go the other way. Siva with the ball and only down three, over penetrates in no man's land throws up something I would throw up on a Sunday afternoon pick up game, hits the bottom of the backboard, then immediately makes it worse by fouling.

Oh well, it had to happen and there will be plenty more, but when you get beat 42 to 26 on the glass and hit less than 50% from the line you DESERVE TO LOOSE.

At least we didn't loose to Oakland, lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Clunker game finally came.

They totally controlled the tempo and killed us on the boards. That scares me about big East play with this team.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Clunker game finally came.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_T View Post
    They totally controlled the tempo and killed us on the boards. That scares me about big East play with this team.
    Tim the only thing that consoles me somewhat on this one is there is no way Drexel is that much better on the boards than we are. I bird told me that after the UNLV game some of the players were about to float away from head swellage. This team is young and I can certainly see that happening. Drexel is a good team, there is no doubt but Louisville flat out was not ready to play last night. I'm not sure I could coach Jennings with out pulling a Bobby Knight on him, lol.

100% all out effort or this team becomes quite ordinary real quick. Also foul shooting has to improve immediately, if Louisville shoots 65% from the line last night they win the game. I'll never understand why college athletes can not hit at least 60% or above form the foul line.