Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: $23,924.88

Post Thanks / Like

$23,924.88

So I get the mail today and what do I find, a bill from the Air Evacuation company that transported me from Celina TN to UK Hospital last Friday for my emergency surgery. The funny thing is they don't take our Humana Insurance so we are responsible for the whole bill, $23,924.88. I just sat here and laughed then called my wife and we laughed together. Pretty funny for I asked the nurse at the Celina Hospital that was making all the arrangements to specifically make sure my insurance covered the helicopter ride. Conting the $83,000 that we already owed in medical bills this drop in the bucket puts us offically puts us in the 6 figures catagory. Now that is what I am talking about.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: $23,924.88

After my first wife got out of the hospital, and the rehab center, I was sebt a bill for almost 30,000 bucks, and we had a cadalac plan where I worked. After she died it was sent to a collection agency.We settled for about 14,000 bucks including lawyer fees. She was in intensive care for almost 2 months,and another month in regular care.^ weeks in the rehab institute of chicago was not included.When

I asked for an itemized statement, the administrator said it would take a month to make and would probablt weigh 5 pounds, no they would not settle for 20 bucks a month!

Post Thanks / Like

Forgot to mention an ambulance ride from burkesville ky to nashville tn to a isolation ward for menningitis,insurance paid almost all of it.So I know how you felt when visitors came in to see you looking like space invaders.

Post Thanks / Like

Earlier this year, we were in the medical center in bowling green. In comes pedro with juanita who looked like juan was ready to arrive any moment, they needed an interpeter, so guess who is going to probably pay that bill? And probably schooling and college,and food stamps, what a great country.

Post Thanks / Like

Whats sad is that Air Evac is one of teh cheapest air medical companies in the country. I dont understand why the insurance isnt covering it. If it was a necessity, you would think they would cover the cost.

Post Thanks / Like

Almost 24,000 for a helicopter ride...assuming it was a chopper...and we are wondering why our health care system is broke and the feds want to run it....?? Everyone wants to get in on that kind of money.

Post Thanks / Like

Jeez, for that kind of money you could almost buy your own helicopter!

Post Thanks / Like

Had you rather take a chance of getting there too late? If they told you the price before you got in would you have rejected the ride? It is rather pricey to keep a chopper and qualified staff ready year round waiting for us to need it. EMERGENCY comes with a rather hefty price tag.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by parker View Post
    Had you rather take a chance of getting there too late? If they told you the price before you got in would you have rejected the ride? It is rather pricey to keep a chopper and qualified staff ready year round waiting for us to need it. EMERGENCY comes with a rather hefty price tag.
    They people in the ER at the hospital in Celina that made the arrangements told me that they took my Humana insurance. I was in a tremendous amount of pain with the left side of my stomach getting bigger by the minute and it was already looking like I had a softball under my skin. The doctors at UK said I had to get there immediately for if it ruptured I could die. I never questioned the Evac people about the insurance coverage when they got there and they were too busy putting me in a sleeping bag type apparatus for the flight to keep me warm plus trying to keep my pain under control. They did a good job and I really don't care if they end up taking my insurance or not for I have contacted them and am awaiting their response for one lady said they took Humana insurance. Either way if I have to pay the whole bill then we will make payments just like all the rest and if they get paid before I die then they get paid before I die. I just think it is funny to be told one thing then get a bill for another. Just typical of what I see with the healthcare industry in America. I so many stories I could write a book on overmedication, wrong medication, mis diagnosis, surgeries that went wrong, bad nursing, terrible doctors, ER's, and other stuff in the 4 years that I have dealt with the industry it is incredible.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by parker View Post
    So if it only used twice a week (that number is most likely very low)...that is 2.4 million a year at that kind of price...it is one thing to make a profit, another to gouge folks into bankruptcy just because you provide a needed service. Same thing happens in hospitals etc.....greed is what has put this country in the economic shape it is in and there is no excuse for it.

Post Thanks / Like

Insurance and health care are the biggest rip offs known to mankind, 10 fold.

Post Thanks / Like

Lets's not mess with the greatest health care system in the world.

We do not need any more regulation or government involvement.

Just learn to read the fine print and the very fine print and the very very fine print and then get you an attorney to help explain your insurance policy to you.

Health insurance reform is bad enough, the next step in Obama health care reform is to control health care costs. Before you know it anybody will be able to get into a hospital. It will be crowded then.

pedro and juanita are really just putting out greenhouse gasses anyway.