Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Government Salaries

http://datacenter.courier-journal.co...ries/index.php

There's been plenty of folks here bring up government employee's salaries on this board...if you know of someone who works for the government and know their title, etc...you can find out what their salary is by clickin the link above.

I know of a couple of people who work for the school board so I looked them up...they're doing ok monetarily, and I know for a fact they wasn't none to happy at all that this type of information about them was posted and made readily available with a few clicks of a button....at any rate....check it out, you may (or may not) be surprised.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Government Salaries

WOW.........looked up a few state employees..........

People who are NOT worth a crap actually make some decent money. AND people who are REALLY, REALLY good don't make squat. I have 25-30 friends who work Metro, State or Fed jobs.......VERY, VERY interesting link.......

HM.......

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

I really do not like this link, just for the fact that my salary is listed, so as you can see, I do not make a lot, and to really add to that, I have been with the state 11 yrs,Also since the furloughs, these numbers for us who actually work and do the jobs, are not accurite at this time, I actually make around 1000 a year less than stated on this sit, so all of you who bash state workers need to reliaize that some of us are not pd that well, but you can see who is over pd. Us reg state employees should not be included in this, as I feel that my privacy has been invaded, but I am a public employee.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't see how you can make it with that salary. There are factory jobs in Danville that start workers at $15-$16 an hour.

Post Thanks / Like

I cant, that is why at this time I am living in my sisters basement, I just went thru a breakup and got a lot of baggage and bills, lost my hm, she has it and I gave up my boat. I will probally not fish as many tourneys this yr due to this. I used to work at SKF in Glasgow, and 15 yrs ago I made more than I do now, but they sent that job to Mexico, and also I am at the age that it is hard to get another job now espically in a factory. I am supposed to be making around 40 at this time in my carear with the state, but due to no rasies in the last 6/7 yrs, and furloughs and such,well. The only yhing positive is that is do have a job for now. And I am not homless. Have a merry christmas Don and all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Headrick View Post
    I cant, that is why at this time I am living in my sisters basement, I just went thru a breakup and got a lot of baggage and bills, lost my hm, she has it and I gave up my boat. I will probally not fish as many tourneys this yr due to this. I used to work at SKF in Glasgow, and 15 yrs ago I made more than I do now, but they sent that job to Mexico, and also I am at the age that it is hard to get another job now espically in a factory. I am supposed to be making around 40 at this time in my carear with the state, but due to no rasies in the last 6/7 yrs, and furloughs and such,well. The only yhing positive is that is do have a job for now. And I am not homless. Have a merry christmas Don and all.
    Come on now, we know you have a BMW and a Porshe stashed somewere! You just try to look poor for appearances sake. Everybody knows all state workers drive BMWs or Mecedes. Are you going to your house in St. Thomas for the holidays??

(kidding of course)

Post Thanks / Like

NA, not St Thomas this year, thought I would go to my house near Catalina, so as to do some deep sea fishing, gonna take out my 50 ftr this trip, I do not own a BMW, as I prefer the Lexas and my Hummer, Thinking about getting a Sterling Bass boat this year also, as I expect a big raise, again. If you like I can let you use the St Thomas house this year Kydonky. LOL LOL LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks man! Merry Christmas to you as well!!!

HURRICANEBOB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    WOW.........looked up a few state employees..........

People who are NOT worth a crap actually make some decent money. AND people who are REALLY, REALLY good don't make squat. I have 25-30 friends who work Metro, State or Fed jobs.......VERY, VERY interesting link.......

HM.......

Later,

Geo
    Since when does job title imply competence? You can tell how good a person is at his job by his title? Really? Try this one "Logistics Integration Intermodal Transportation Quality Surveillance Technician".

Go ahead, tell me what I make. Cause after taxes, I'm still not sure myself. Excpet of course I'm serving the county, and paying taxes to it too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANEBOB View Post
    Since when does job title imply competence? You can tell how good a person is at his job by his title? Really? Try this one "Logistics Integration Intermodal Transportation Quality Surveillance Technician".

Go ahead, tell me what I make. Cause after taxes, I'm still not sure myself. Excpet of course I'm serving the county, and paying taxes to it too.
    I never said that..........

I know people who work in state gubment. Some I've worked directly with, some I know but have not worked with.

Some of my friends make NOTHING compared to what they could in the private sector.....some are not paid enough......some are way over paid. I have worked with 15 or 20 folks over the past 20 years in IT related fields, and many of those now work for Metro or State. In many of those cases, folks were let go due to poor performance, etc, etc.

I'd never imply or assume that about you or anyone else listed.........I don't know you or have I ever worked with or been around you, therefore HOW could I possibly make that type of call.....

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANEBOB View Post
    Try this one "Logistics Integration Intermodal Transportation Quality Surveillance Technician".
    Heck Bob I would like to know what that title means?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Headrick View Post
    I really do not like this link, just for the fact that my salary is listed, so as you can see, I do not make a lot, and to really add to that, I have been with the state 11 yrs,Also since the furloughs, these numbers for us who actually work and do the jobs, are not accurite at this time, I actually make around 1000 a year less than stated on this sit, so all of you who bash state workers need to reliaize that some of us are not pd that well, but you can see who is over pd. Us reg state employees should not be included in this, as I feel that my privacy has been invaded, but I am a public employee.

I agree with you on this Bobby. I dont like this link either and it was in poor taste to post it. I worked for the government of Alberta for 17yrs in Corrections. Now if they want to post the salaries for Probation Officers or Caseworkers in Corrections Centre go ahead cuz that is public knowledge when someone is looking for a job. BUT to be able to put a specific persons name in and find out exactly what they make is a violation of ones privacy. Your salary varies on education, work experience, performance appraisals and everyones will be different. Next there will be links to find out what is in your bank account or what you pay for mortgage. Heck some things are personal for goodness sake and personal salaries is one of them. I would feel violated too Bobby. Merry Christmas!!