Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Physical Fitness & Fishing

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    I disagree. While I'm sure these are good fisherman you speak of they would tolerate the heat, cold, long days, tired muscles and aches and pains better being in shape......You said it they are older, overweight and sit and they do this to compensate for fatigue and stress on the body. JMO

It's a fact if your fit you move better and recover quicker especially when you get older. Im 47 and in the best shape of my life. The younger you are the easier it is to absorb the punishment of bass fishing. When I bass fish 4-5 days in a row 10-12 hours a day (spring time) I feel it and I feel it less now than 20 years ago.

Several professional anglers (I am not comparing anyone on here to them especially me) have gone to being fit and even hiring personal trainers and they do that because it helps you mentally and physically. Stretching your joints/muscles out helps alot as well.

Anyway that's my .02 again

I agree they sit to compensate for their lack of physical ability to stand all day...however they still fish circles around most.....I'm not saying physical fitness doesn't help, just saying it's not THAT important pertaining to fishing....Now if you were fishing a major circuit for a living, then yes I would agree it is that important

I also know that I have more energy throughout the day when I've been working out....no doubt the physical fitness helps in a lot of aspects of life

HURRICANEBOB Guest

I stay in shape by fishing with the most appropriate partners.

http://www.livevideo.com/video/482E7...s-fishing.aspx

Post Thanks / Like

Just thinking of working out makes me tired

Post Thanks / Like

What's some og the exercises you guys do to stay in shape. I'm not looking to get buff or anything like that. Would like to lose a few pounds and be more healthy. I played baseball, basketball, and football from 4 years old all the way till I graduated high school. I did so much running and exercises that when I quit playing sports I got lazy now I'm 32 out of shape and over weight. Just hard to get the motivation to get in shape again......

Post Thanks / Like

I dont fish for bass, so i aint worried about standing all day long just to catch a few little fish.

Im a carps adn cats guy, so all my fishing is done sitting down in my big jon boat. Usually have three poles out unless the action is frantic, and usuallly thats alot!!!!!!

Im a big fat guy, over 300 pounds and never get tired fishing. hecks one night we fished from 7 oclock until almost noon the next day and I could have stayed longer if we didnt run out of beer and chicken!!!!LOL I have a big seat thats real comfy, Ill stand up and stretch once awhile but I get plenty of excersise lifting the anchors and pulling in huge carps and cats! I got plenty of work when I was younger, working the farm and all that goes with it, now its time to sit back and relax. When I was a pup I could have whipped any three of you young scrappers, worked all day and drank beers all night everyday!!!!! Strong as a ruttin buck I was, I had muscles in my poop!!LOL!!!!

I guess bassin is different, i see you guys rippin and running all day long so I guess you do get a little wore out wencing in them two pounders. Try hooking into about 40 carps in a day, talk about fore arm burn!!!!!! Or get ahold of some 30 and 40 pound cats, those critters will give you tennis elbow for sure!

Guess Ill stick with my Bush beer, fried chicken, Levi Garret and mixed nuts on the boat. Dont look for old Tyrone to be runnin no Boston Marathons anytime soon!LOl

Post Thanks / Like

I'm 58 years old, 6'-2" tall weigh 205 and have been that way sense I was 20. I've allways worked 10 and 12 hour days 5 days a week. and fished on the weekends. eat whatever I want. I've never used any kind of tobacco products. never drinked beer or liquor. I go to the doctor only if I get hurt. been very few times. got in wreck and broke my jaw and went, cut my finger on a saw and went, fell off porch roof and broke my foot and went. I don't have to take any kind of medication. and I passed a physical last year for a 25 year life insurance policy.my two brothers smoke, the youngest one was killed in a wreck while out drinking beer. my other brother is 5 years younger than me and the doctors make a good living off him. I've always kept busy doing something, where it was work or play and I think that has been the key. but no matter what we do, I am a firm believer that good health is a blessing from God. and I know that I'm in better health than I deserve. and for whatever reason he has blessed me, I truely thank him. and not only now, but I look up and thank him every day. so whatever your doing to improve your health, stay with it. and try adding the part. thank you Lord to the list.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANEBOB View Post
    I stay in shape by fishing with the most appropriate partners.

http://www.livevideo.com/video/482E7...s-fishing.aspx
    If you need someone to go fishing with you just let me know?