Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

first time to ky lake

going to ky lake for the first timees to start ande first time when is the best time for spring bass fishing before they go on the bed, any good place to start and good place to stay for a week any help would be grateful.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: first time to ky lake

april is good. fish are in prespawn and you can usually get on a pattern in the creeks. start shallow and move our to the points and creek channels till you find fish. watch the channel markers as the lake is not filled up till may 1.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks, anround the first or so,

Post Thanks / Like

March is trophy time and April is numbers time..not that you can't get some good numbers in March too...lol. If you are wanting late prespawn think around the 3rd week of April. This is all based on normal water temps, water conditions and of course which end of the lake you are planning on fishng...south end of the lake will go earler, answer here is based on water north of Paris.

As far as places to stay, if you would indicate if you want a motel/hotel, lodge, cabin, dock your boat, trail your boat etc and area of the lake you are coming to it would make recommendations easier.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks,dont know when april id say dont know where to stay a cabin or lodge close to ramp and coverd slip,any ideas would help.

Post Thanks / Like

If you want a covered slip I would recommend The Moor's Resort...you can get one there plus they have lodge rooms and cabins.

Post Thanks / Like

I went in second week of April and had a ball, 70 one day 33 and snow the next but the fish were on a tear. Stayed at Cypress Bay on the state line its pretty good but a long drive when its probably just as good up north depending on the temps.

Post Thanks / Like

Depends on water temp. I usually go in mid march, but this year was a bust thanks to the extremely cold winter. This year had to move it two weeks later than usual. The advantage of the end of march/beginnig of april is that 80% of the boaters are there for teh killer crappie fishing, so teh bass are unpressured and finding a good bass hole is pretty easy. The problem is teh crappie fisherman camp out on the channel making it hard to run from hole to hole.

I stay at Irvin Cobb or Paradise resort, although they are more than likely sold out. But both places have covered slips for yoru boat. I actually fish spring opposite fo what was mentioned before. Start fishing deep on teh main lake points and work your way shallower. Bigger fish seem to stay down deep longer.

And above all else pay attention to Daves fishing reports. They have never led me wrong.