Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Spring fishing trip to Dale Hollow

I've always wanted to, and this year, I have all but said, "I'm goin." Any pointers on where to go to or launch from. I've never been, but love to fish for smallies. Looking for just ease of access, I don't want to go down there and tear anything up. Also, does Dale have any of the good maps made for it? Not the fishing hot spot ones...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Spring fishing trip to Dale Hollow

Dale is an amazing lake in the spring time. Although this sight is a wealth of knowledge about fishing. go to www.smalljaw.com and register there because that is a discussion board that is solely for dale.... Those guys on there will be able to help u plus there is a fishing report almost posted daily from someone or another on there about whats going on..... I hope this helps...... But for me i usually put in at wisdom and fish illwill creek and up in the wolf river in the spring time.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Astrobass View Post
    I've always wanted to, and this year, I have all but said, "I'm goin." Any pointers on where to go to or launch from. I've never been, but love to fish for smallies. Looking for just ease of access, I don't want to go down there and tear anything up. Also, does Dale have any of the good maps made for it? Not the fishing hot spot ones...
    Best maps made are Atlantic Mapping System. They don't have all lakes but they do have them for Dale Hollow. Hard to find. I know tackle shops around Ky Lake sale them plus The One Stop in Celina TN has them. Best contour marking, easy to read and much more accurate than the Hot Spots Maps ever thought about being. Hope this helps. Best place to stay on the lake that is VERY FISHERMAN FRIENDLY, which is harder and harder to find these days, is Horse Creek Marina. Thomas and the boys will take very good care of you there.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool, thanks guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elnutsmalljaws View Post
    Best maps made are Atlantic Mapping System. They don't have all lakes but they do have them for Dale Hollow. Hard to find. I know tackle shops around Ky Lake sale them plus The One Stop in Celina TN has them. Best contour marking, easy to read and much more accurate than the Hot Spots Maps ever thought about being. Hope this helps. Best place to stay on the lake that is VERY FISHERMAN FRIENDLY, which is harder and harder to find these days, is Horse Creek Marina. Thomas and the boys will take very good care of you there.
    Definitely Horse Creek Marina! Very reasonable price and very friendly people. They like fishermen, unlike many marinas these days.

I've fished Dale in late spring and early fall, so I wouldn't be much help. Seems like any cloudy day that I've had there has been AWESOME for topwater smallmouth. I guess with that clear water they can see it from a LONG ways away. They hit it like a freight train!