Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Operation when??

Joker is a joke, and will NEVER get in done. I have been raised, and bleed blue like no other, but fact is fact. He's the wrong guy for the job, period.. Any UK fan that says give him time, has NO clue about football!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Operation when??

While I was disgusted with today's performance too...I do not believe that one season at the helm of an SEC East football squad is enough time to say that Joker is a Joke. I believe he needs more time, and I assure you that I know a little about college football.

We can certainly blame Joker for some undisciplined penalties and play calls. Everybody got their new Defensive Coordinator that they were screaming for, but did we expect him to change a lackluster defense in 3 weeks? Thank Mike Hartline for today too. Thank special teams for allowing a defender to come through and block a punt untouched. Thank a group of players who were less-than-thrilled to be in Birmingham on Jan 8th.

What concerns me more is players returning. Wiith the talent that will be back on the field next year at UK, Bear Bryant resurrected from the grave might not be able to put together a season better than .500 either.

Life as a UK Football fan...

Post Thanks / Like

This may be Jokers first season as head coach, but not Jokers first season. Remember last year or the year before when his conservative play calling cost us wins?? I love the fact that he is a UK guy, and has passion for the program. He has shown what he can do....and its not enough to compete in the SEC. Wait till next year, and we will not be getting close to this nothing bowl we embarrased ourselves in today.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm concerned for next year too. One of my biggest issues with Joker is that he is conservative at times when he should be aggressive....and aggressive at times when he should be conservative. Late at Tennessee with the season on the line, 4th and 2, he punts. Today, way early before a critical point in the game, he pulls a failed attempt at a fake and gives Pitt great field position.

Coaches are one thing, but it's really a player's game....and until Kentucky gets the same 4-5 star players like other SEC schools do, we will be a bottom feeder. We feed off the 2-3 star crumbs of the big SEC schools....occasionally get a standout like a Cobb....but until we have a roster full of them, I'm afraid it won't change.

Give Joker a chance to recruit. If he can bring the players, he'll bring the wins in time. If he can't, he'll be gone in a couple of years for someone who can.

Also, I hate the whole "coach in waiting" thing too.