Search Fishin.com

Thread: Guntersville

Post Thanks / Like

Guntersville

Heading down in March. Anybody have a recommendation for hotels? Thanks

Brian

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Guntersville

I was down last May and stayed on the lower end at the Holiday Inn. They have a dock out back which was very handy. I arrived, unloaded my boat and didn't touch the truck for another week. They have electric hook ups on the dock as well for recharging.

Perfect spot for fisherman IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree...Holiday Inn has food and bar. Decent room and security roaming the parking lot(always a good thing). Another place I've stayed at is Super 8 just about 1 mile from Holiday Inn accross the water on the right(on south end of the lake) for about 20 bucks cheaper...No issues there either.

Good luck...

Post Thanks / Like

I stay at Village Inn. It is located more in the mid lake area. It's clean and I think (dont hold me to this) its around $60 a nite. Man I love Guntersville that time of year.

Barry Guest

Thumbs up Re: Guntersville

Stayed at the Days inn several times. It's around $65 a night, w/breakfast. Western Sizzlin buffet next door and Walmart just down the street. Just be sure to ask for a first floor room and tell them you have a boat and most of the time they put you in the back. Then you can leave the boat and trailer hooked up... Hope this helps, great lake too.

Post Thanks / Like

I know a guy down there who rents out a three bedroom cabin with a covered "boat port" with electric hook ups for your boat. I rent it on a yearly basis and absolutely love it...full kitchen, screened in porch area, VERY clean and well kept. All that for the same price of a hotel room. PM me if you want more info.

Post Thanks / Like

We always stay in houses on the water, If you are going with a couple guys it may be just as cheap to get a house . Privacy , eat in saves money pull your boat in the boat house....Plenty to choose from down there.

Post Thanks / Like

Several of us went down 4 times last year and plan to start heading back that way the third week in March this year. I talked to a lady at this website (link below) from Thorton Properties. I'm not advertising, just telling you who I contacted for lodging. I'm from eastern KY. Just tell her or whoever you get ahold of what you want and how many thats in your group. She'll hook you up if with what you want in a house. They have some nice places right on the lake with a covered boat house and electricity for $175 /night. If several goes down this work best for us. We fry fish and chew the fat after a long day of fishing. Check the site out. I can say that I satyed in the house called: "Reflection Cove" its perfect for a 6-10 group of fishermen. Has a boat house and a gravel ramp that we actually put in on. Its located on the road beside Wayne Feeds. http://www.thornton-properties.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Guys I really appreciate all the help. This is very good info. Never been and don't know much about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Let me know how it is down there if you don't mind .. My brother-n- law and I were thinking of making a trip Down there this spring also.. It would be in April if time would allow.. thanks L.J.J