Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

What Warms the Heart

I would like to fill in with some thoughts of why it is so great to be on the water during the winter. It is easy to enjoy a day on the water when the weather is warm or in spring when the cold winter months are behind us and everything is coming back to life. It is not easy to meet the outside weather conditions in winter in order to spend the day on the water. One must find the necessary layers to keep warm and make sure the winter checklist has been completed before launch time. Some may think the guys and ladies who fish the jig, bladebaits and the FNF on the coldest days of the year are a little crazy. But it has been my experience after you take off across the lake with the cold wind in your face and sit the boat down in your favorite spot, the silence and view of snow covered trees and shore is what we need for the peace of our souls. What can compare to the fight and the boating of a great smallmouth as the golden sun rises to a scarlet sky across mirrored glass water. This is what warms the heart.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What Warms the Heart

Quote Originally Posted by Bonefish View Post
    I would like to fill in with some thoughts of why it is so great to be on the water during the winter. It is easy to enjoy a day on the water when the weather is warm or in spring when the cold winter months are behind us and everything is coming back to life. It is not easy to meet the outside weather conditions in winter in order to spend the day on the water. One must find the necessary layers to keep warm and make sure the winter checklist has been completed before launch time. Some may think the guys and ladies who fish the jig, bladebaits and the FNF on the coldest days of the year are a little crazy. But it has been my experience after you take off across the lake with the cold wind in your face and sit the boat down in your favorite spot, the silence and view of snow covered trees and shore is what we need for the peace of our souls. What can compare to the fight and the boating of a great smallmouth as the golden sun rises to a scarlet sky across mirrored glass water. This is what warms the heart.
    That's great, you are a poet at heart. It's like the experience of bowhunting in the winter and watching the sun close its eyes for the night. What a blessing. Tell you what warms my heart and gives me peace in the soul, Jesus. He made all these things. And He is coming soon.

Post Thanks / Like

I might add most winter fishermen do like the cloudy, snowy days best, and if there is a little chop on the water, that ok as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Bone,

Sure sounds like you have been listening to somebody on this site. Not to mention you must have experienced the "Warming of the Heart" first hand ( I am thinking of the 5lb Brownie you landed last year). I sure do miss my Dale Hollow. I would not fish the other 11 months of the year if I could have the entire month of December on Dale with my FNF rod in hand. My heart sure does warm to the idea but I will have to keep dreaming until next year. Dale Hollow in December and Ky Lake in April, does it get any better fishing than that for Brownfish and Greenfish?

Post Thanks / Like

Greenfish ARE in your future my friend.............I'm puting together dates thru June. I will send you the dates I can go.......if you can go and are up to it......I'd love for you to join me in the boat.

Later,

Geo