Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

This weekend the cincinnati fish and boat show jan 14 - 16 and 19-23

http://www.hartproductions.com/trave...and-boat-show/.... THEY WILL HAVE HUNTING,FISHING, AND BOATS. GREAT EVENT

Post Thanks / Like

Re: This weekend the cincinnati fish and boat show jan 14 - 16 and 19-23

This weekend is the golf show part the hunting and fishing show part starts on the 19th.

Post Thanks / Like

But Kevin Van **** will be there the 16th at noon and 3 pm. I don't know why they would have him there the week of the golf thing but there are several semminars before the start of the fishing and hunting week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alycat View Post
    But Kevin Van **** will be there the 16th at noon and 3 pm. I don't know why they would have him there the week of the golf thing but there are several semminars before the start of the fishing and hunting week.
    Went to see what KVD had to say. He talked about the spinner bait today, how to choose it, how to rig it, how to cast it and how to retrieve it. Educational for the weekend fisherman.

Entertaining too...he is standing on a platform about 10 ft off the floor at the end of a fish tank... he describing something and to make a point he sends a cast out to the first row of the audience dropping his spinner bait about 5 inches in front of a guy's face. He did that twice. Later he dropped another spinner bait on guys cap who was about twice as far away from him as the first guy ...and to show that it as no fluke he did a second time.

A very impressive display of casting ability and drew a lot of laughs from the crowd.

KVD is a very likeble guy.....well except maybe the two guys that whizzed their pants because Kevin Van Dam is flinging spinner baits at their head, I don't know if they would think he is likable or not lol.

Post Thanks / Like

The spinnerbait that Van Dam was messing with the crowd with had the hook cut off at the head. He is a very nice guy to talk with. Great with kids. Seems to really enjoy meeting with people. Great ambassador for fishing. Obviously very talented.

Post Thanks / Like

Was the rest of the show worth going to see?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chris D View Post
    Was the rest of the show worth going to see?
    I guess it would depend on the individual and what they are looking for...you have the typical sport show fodder with mutlple booths for Norris Lake, Lake Cumberland, Dale and Reelfoot, as well as the lakes from Northern Alabama. Plus you have the walleye fishing folks from Erie and the folks from Zups.

This show has a lot boats and a lot of golf and a few motorcycles sprinkled in.

For me personally the best reason to go to these types of shows are to see the 30 minute seminars that the fishing pros present. I usually pick up something from them and that can make it worth the trip. You can check out the Hart Productions web page to find who is presenting when.

Post Thanks / Like

KVD gave two great seminars the first on crainkbaits and the second on spinnerbaits. What impressed me the most was the two or so hours after the first show he spent answering questions and taking pictures. He truly is a true professional.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alycat View Post
    KVD gave two great seminars the first on crainkbaits and the second on spinnerbaits. What impressed me the most was the two or so hours after the first show he spent answering questions and taking pictures. He truly is a true professional.
    i missed the crankbait one...would liked to have seen that one too.