Search Fishin.com

Thread: Basehole Pins?

Post Thanks / Like

Basehole Pins?

Okay I found some jig molds I am going to buy. I have read that it is better to put the base hole pins in and glue the weed gaurds as opposed to molding them in. my questions is this...the base hole pins come in a 10 pack...are these pins reusable or are they one time use only?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Basehole Pins?

You can use them hundreds of times. I buy hem bulk and order them every couple of years. If you are pouring just for yourself 10 will last you a while. If you need any help just pm me and I will give you some tips. I have been at this a while and have encountered about every problem you could imagine. I might be able to save you some troubleshooting

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, reusable as mtn lures indicated. I got a 50 pack of the pins. Means I can pour a whole bunch of jigs before I have to pull the pins out of the jig. I use devcon 2 ton epoxy to glue in the fiber guards after painting. Interested to hear how others do it.

Andrew

Post Thanks / Like

You can use them for years to come. I am going to try to use an 1/8" dial rod and an 1/8" steel rod tomorrow. I have a couple 100 jigs to pour tomorrow and only have 100 base hole pins. So I will let you know how it goes.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the dial rod cut in 1/2 inch sections and put it in the base hole pin when powder coating to keep the paint out of the hole so it is easy to get the fiberguard in the base hole. Works great.

Post Thanks / Like

I just power paint with nothing in the pin hole. After curing I use a drill bit held with a pair of vice grips to open up the hole large enough for the fiber guard. Epoxy on the end of the fiber and insert. Low tech, but works for the small numbers of jigs I do for bass.

Andrew