Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Just for the heck of it

How many on here started out with the ole Zebco 202? And how many of you knew what zebco stood for?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Just for the heck of it

When I started fishin there was no 202. My first zebco was a 33 and then a 777 but I started before spincast. When mono was new! Zebco- Zero Bomb Company?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dac244 View Post
    How many on here started out with the ole Zebco 202? And how many of you knew what zebco stood for?
    Boy does that bring back memories.
    When I was a kid that is what I started with. We would buy them at Wiggs or K-Mart for .99 cents I think. If we could scrape up 2 or 3 dollars we would get the 404. It was twice the size of the 202. We had zebco yellow solid fiber glass rods.

We would camp out at the Blue Grass sportsman club on richmond road if anyone remembers that place. I've had catfish rip the guts right out of the reel.

Post Thanks / Like

Still don't know what ZEBCO stands for! But do remember starting out with the ol' pushbutton. WOW, I've come a long way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Panfish Man View Post
    Still don't know what ZEBCO stands for! But do remember starting out with the ol' pushbutton. WOW, I've come a long way.
    Zero Bomb sight Co.

Post Thanks / Like

I can remeber hitting farm ponds with a zebco 202 and when I got older I got a nice Zebco 33. I was thinking my dad also let me use his Zebco 1 with a yellow Zebco rod, which gets me to thinking I cant remember what happened to any of my old rod and reels.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R19 View Post
    I can remeber hitting farm ponds with a zebco 202 and when I got older I got a nice Zebco 33. I was thinking my dad also let me use his Zebco 1 with a yellow Zebco rod, which gets me to thinking I cant remember what happened to any of my old rod and reels.
    I was thinking that as well. Wish I would have held on to some of the first things I got. Never knew it was going to be such a huge part of my life.

Post Thanks / Like

I still have my first rod/reel but it wasnt a zebco. It is a Johnson Spincast on a berkley graphite pistol grip rod.

Post Thanks / Like

I can remember my 202 like it was yesterday, fishing with my grandpaw here around Big Bone Creek and the Ohio River. The line on the reel was 2 to 3 years old, would snap on a big bluegill.. I remember upgrading to a Johnson Century.. thought I was the man.

Post Thanks / Like

My grandpa was a Johnson man though and through.So that was my first reel.

Post Thanks / Like

How many people remember the Zebco 22 and before that there was the Zebco 11? I have a friend of mine who collects old reels and I didn't know they made either one until he showed them to me.

Post Thanks / Like

you guys were a higher class than me, I didn't know what a fishing reel was until I was a teenager. my grandmother was the one that first took me fishing. we were dirt poor, and fished the creek near our house. I remember grandmother would kick her heels into the soft clay bank, making holes for my little feet to rest in so I wouldn't slip in the water. we fished with cane poles, and our fishing line was twine from a feed sack. and we used worms that we dug from her garden.we caught sunfish and cat fish. she would make a stringer from a small limb off a bush. stripping it clean except for one fork near the bottom. run it through the fishes gills. drop them in the water and stick the end in the bank to hold the fish. yes when we were finished fishing for the day, we took what we caught home and cleaned and eat them. it's a big jump from a cane pole to a zebco 33. that was a woman I truely loved and miss.