Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Global Warming

Post Thanks / Like

Global Warming

Buwahaaaaa!!!!!!! Record cold and snow!!! Come on Al where are you???

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Global Warming

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    Buwahaaaaa!!!!!!! Record cold and snow!!! Come on Al where are you???
    He'll be out tomorrow dressed as Puxatawney Phil.

Post Thanks / Like

Hes workin up a new scheme to make sure the term global warming gets changed to "global climate change"... he is a tool...

inconvenient truth? or convenient way to extort money?

Post Thanks / Like

Al Gore is working on his latest and greatest..........he's building a NEW internet for Egypt.

Post Thanks / Like

^lol

Post Thanks / Like

Don haven't you heard.................All this is being caused by Global Warming.

Bunch of tree hugging Morons.

Post Thanks / Like

I knew this thread was coming It's turning into an annual event - when it gets cold, y'all start slapping each other on the back and laughing about global warming. OK, so why didn't any of you start a thread about it last summer, when we were setting all those heat records? I don't know of any record lows we've set this winter. If there have been any, there certainly haven't been anywhere near as many as the heat records we set, not just here, but in the entire country, and in fact, GLOBALLY. How do you all explain the fact that 9 of the 10 hottest years on record occurred in the past decade? You all are doing EXACTLY what you accuse the other side of doing - ignoring facts that don't support your preconceived notions, and playing up those that do.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RoadToad View Post
    I knew this thread was coming It's turning into an annual event - when it gets cold, y'all start slapping each other on the back and laughing about global warming. OK, so why didn't any of you start a thread about it last summer, when we were setting all those heat records? I don't know of any record lows we've set this winter. If there have been any, there certainly haven't been anywhere near as many as the heat records we set, not just here, but in the entire country, and in fact, GLOBALLY. How do you all explain the fact that 9 of the 10 hottest years on record occurred in the past decade? You all are doing EXACTLY what you accuse the other side of doing - ignoring facts that don't support your preconceived notions, and playing up those that do.
    I think I heard 2010 tied either 2005 or 2007 for the warmest year on record. But I don't think the official "record" goes back far enough to either support or refute true global warming.

HURRICANEBOB Guest

I thnk it's true. My wife has hot flashes even in the winter now.

Post Thanks / Like

I never bought into the sky is falling mentality of the Global Warming folks. Here is why...it seems there are so called facts from both sides, no one has all the answers to justify that tag of Global Warming. Scientists from both sides had refuted eachother so much it was a stalemate. JMO

The emails that we heard about that hinted of fraud didn't help. Changing the name from Global Warming to Climate Change didn't help my confidence either. That alone smells fishy. It seems they were catching so much grief by hearing Global Warming in the face of record cold and record snows that they had to change the rules in the middle of the game so folks would ease off.

You have special interest groups/persons who stand to make millions off of this. Al Gore is one, and any group that supported a POTUS run would prolly benefit.

I totally support the idea of cleaning up our impact on the planet. Cleaner fuels, alternative fuels and recycle as much as possible. But the idea that we as humans have spent billions of dollars on finding this so called data by scientists who don't agree and then change the name when they catch grief spells fraud to me.

Do that in business and see how far you get. Spend millions or just basic time and money on something and then present it as fact and then when folks start questioning it change the name or presentation to side step the critics and watch it go down in flames.

I don't remember what year it was but it was recent...here in Lexington we didn't hit the 90's well into the summer. It was talked about alot and I loved it since I'm not a fan of the 90's in the summer.
    Last edited by DJD; 02-04-2011 at 09:15 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

A friend of mine has been on the forefront of air quality issues in Kentucky since the 1970s. He's a political moderate. When the whole global warming/climate change issue began to arise years ago, I went with him to hear him speak to a Rotary meeting.

His basic point was this: the science is so complicated, and the concrete data so short-term, that yes, it's impossible to say with 100% certainty that man is causing the rise in average global temperatures. BUT--there is a fair chance that we are indeed having an impact.

That being the case, we should all do what we should be doing anyway: taking care of God's planet by being wise stewards of its resources. Conserving energy, finding ways to curb pollution.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Global Warming

Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANEBOB View Post
    I thnk it's true. My wife has hot flashes even in the winter now.
    Are you sure it's hot flashes and not power surges?