Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up humminbird customer support review

Just to let everyone know. I have a 898c humminbird and have had it for almost a year now. I had a small pen size dot on my srceen. kind of like a rock putting a small nick in a windsheild. the nick on my screen was not a hole and had no effect on the unit other then me being mad about it because of it costing so **** much. anyways I called humminbird was thinking i was going to have to have some big story for them. I was on hold for about 10 mins. then when they got on the phone it took not even 5 mins. I had a case number and they had told me to send it in. it cost me $19.90 to send it in. my unit is fixed and as long as humminbird doesnt change this service they have found a life long customer.
    Likes riverrat12, Moveon, leftyfrazel liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: humminbird customer support review

Hummingbird's customer service is a big reason I still buy their products. My one experience with Lowrance's CS was a big disappointment and I will not buy another.
    Likes leftyfrazel liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome. Had an issue with my transducer on my 788ci. They upgraded my transducer to a trolling motor mount puck style and it was delivered to my front porch in two days.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 00SKEETER View Post
    Awesome. Had an issue with my transducer on my 788ci. They upgraded my transducer to a trolling motor mount puck style and it was delivered to my front porch in two days.
    i had the same problem with my 788ci transducer and they sent me one no charge. real easy to talk to also.

Post Thanks / Like

Lakemaster SD card

I know I'm chiming in on an old post from about 5 years ago but Humminbird must have changed their customer service policy. I was having an issue with my Lakemaster Wisconsin chip so I sent it into them. Their reply after sending it to them was to throw it away and buy a new one. I've spent over $800 on a depth finder and $125 on this SD card and this is how they treat their customers?

Post Thanks / Like

I wish i would've got the bird!! (sorry to say i didn't)

I bought a Lowrance HDS 12 Touchscreen 14 mos. ago. 3 1/2 weeks ago I was going down the lake and my unit just turned itself of and would never come back on. To make a long story short, it's been gone back to Lowrance 3 wks. and they don't know when it will be sent back. NOT TO WINE, BUT, the HDS 8 I bought at the same time as the 12 , for the front, won't turn off. You have to disconnect the power card in order to turn it off. I hate it when Hummingbird owners start bragging, the good part is, I won''t have to see them, because I may never get back on the water!!!!!!!!
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gofishdave View Post
    I bought a Lowrance HDS 12 Touchscreen 14 mos. ago. 3 1/2 weeks ago I was going down the lake and my unit just turned itself of and would never come back on. To make a long story short, it's been gone back to Lowrance 3 wks. and they don't know when it will be sent back. NOT TO WINE, BUT, the HDS 8 I bought at the same time as the 12 , for the front, won't turn off. You have to disconnect the power card in order to turn it off. I hate it when Hummingbird owners start bragging, the good part is, I won''t have to see them, because I may never get back on the water!!!!!!!!
    Bird all the way. And I doubt the above post, a single post from a new user, is even real.

I've called hummingbird more than once, and have NEVER, NOT ONCE received that type of response......NEVER.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post

Bird all the way. And I doubt the above post, a single post from a new user, is even real.

I've called hummingbird more than once, and have NEVER, NOT ONCE received that type of response......NEVER.

Later,

Geo
    Second that. I've got 898 sihd front and back. Customer service was always above and beyond. Plus they're easy to use
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

HB Customer Service has been good for many years now

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee110 View Post
    Just to let everyone know. I have a 898c humminbird and have had it for almost a year now. I had a small pen size dot on my srceen. kind of like a rock putting a small nick in a windsheild. the nick on my screen was not a hole and had no effect on the unit other then me being mad about it because of it costing so **** much. anyways I called humminbird was thinking i was going to have to have some big story for them. I was on hold for about 10 mins. then when they got on the phone it took not even 5 mins. I had a case number and they had told me to send it in. it cost me $19.90 to send it in. my unit is fixed and as long as humminbird doesnt change this service they have found a life long customer.
    I have a 1986 Model Humminbird LCR8000 unit that has been repaired by humminbird a couple of times and it's still going strong today. I kept it inside the house during winter months and only used it about 15 times each year for the past 30 something years. It fogged up on me one time but I took it apart and let it dry out and put it back together again. So far it's not fogging up anymore.

I also have the Humminbird 898C SI unit which is my main unit now. I'd love to get a Onix or something like that and put it on my boat but I've not been fishing much these last two years. I'm more into shooting guns now days.