Search Fishin.com

Thread: sinking brush?

Post Thanks / Like

sinking brush?

im planning on sinking some brush and was wondering if i could just go and do it or is there a regulation on doing this. i will be doing this at green river lake. im asking cause i was told to watch out when i do this. pretty sure they ment watching for water patrol or other law enforcement.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: sinking brush?

Call Fish and Wildlife I am sure they will be able to give you an answer

Post Thanks / Like

I tried calling yesterday and early today with no luck getting through. Not sure why I can't, so I thought I would ask on here. Thinking I would get an answer from someone who knows the answer.

Post Thanks / Like

I could be wrong but I think you're supposed to get a permit through fish and wildlife.....but I know a lot of people that don't....I'll tell ya what you just send me the gps coordinates and we'll call it even LOL..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fishin is life View Post
    I could be wrong but I think you're supposed to get a permit through fish and wildlife.....but I know a lot of people that don't....I'll tell ya what you just send me the gps coordinates and we'll call it even LOL..
    Thanks for helping. Not real sure yet where I'm putting them, but I'm thinking in about 20 feet give or take a few. Trying to make it easier for me when I take the kids and wife when she goes, to find crappie. I'm coming from scott co., and need a spot or two that might produce some fish for the kids and keep them wanting to go. Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

It depends on the lake , all of them are different on how they regulate it . Some require a permit to drop brush and some do not allow it at all . If its a corp of engineers managed lake you will need to check with them. Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Swift is correct....I said Fish and Wildlife and meant Corps of Engineers...my apology on that...

Post Thanks / Like

I read last year that your corps lakes you do have to have a permit but i have been planting x-mas trees for years at nolin with no problem--im sure they just want to make sure that you dont use any non-natural attractors--metal-fiberglass etc.

Post Thanks / Like

The corps also wants to know that you arent sinking these things where they can be a hazard to boats running on plane.

Post Thanks / Like

I am not sure about Green but on Barren the Corps used to organize an event in March while the lake was low to place fish attractors in the lake. They would supply donated Christmas trees and the concrete blocks to weight the trees down with. Volunteers would bring their own boats and put in the trees. I helped a couple of years and although it was hard work I though it was a good program by the Corps.

Rangerjohn