Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Summer time night fishing?

My question is that in the summer my structure bite seems to die as it gets later into the night. For the hour around sunset I catch them in 19 -23 ft deep on a point that comes up to 12 ft deep, but as the night goes on I can't seem to pick up anything from the top of the point down. Do you think that these fish just shut down or do you think that they suspend up off the point when it gets later into the night? This point is extremely long going close to 150 yds away from the bank and most of my fish come from the very end of it. Any help would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Summer time night fishing?

AT ROUGH ?

Post Thanks / Like

Alot of time they will suspend off the point. However, sometimes they will get right next to the bank. I mean in inches of water with their nose pointed at the bank waiting for prey to come into the water.

Post Thanks / Like

I think we may need mroe information to help you. How far into the summer is it? I know for me, I actually had the opposite experience last year fishin Barren at night. I didnt get my first hit til Midnight, then after that it was on like donkey kong. I was throwing a T-Rig and caught most of my fish off the bottom on 45deg slope gravel banks in about 6-10ft of water...

Maybe that is where they are when you cant find em.

Post Thanks / Like

This point drops to 16 ft real quickly off the bank then stays the same depth for 150 yds then it has a hump at the end that comes up to about 10 -12 ft then drops down into a channel. Most of my bites come on t-rig or carolina and I might get lucky later in the night and catch one with a crankbait. The bite get good on this point from mid june till end of august. Do you think they are suspended up off the top of the point, because when the bite stops I have tried fishing the point all the way to the bank with nothing biting

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 98zr2 View Post
    This point drops to 16 ft real quickly off the bank then stays the same depth for 150 yds then it has a hump at the end that comes up to about 10 -12 ft then drops down into a channel. Most of my bites come on t-rig or carolina and I might get lucky later in the night and catch one with a crankbait. The bite get good on this point from mid june till end of august. Do you think they are suspended up off the top of the point, because when the bite stops I have tried fishing the point all the way to the bank with nothing biting
    If there is a decent sized flat nearby, they may be pulling up on it as the water cools and feeding there.

Post Thanks / Like

do you set there all night? lol try moving around to somthing else

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Embrey View Post
    do you set there all night? lol try moving around to somthing else
    Here in indiana there is 10 mph speed limit at night and moving across the lake take a lot of time, but we do try different areas just have trouble with the late night bite. when fishing for fun I will usually move more but the all night tournament I hate to eat up a lot of time moving, and try to stay in one section of the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

yep, im in indiana too...still gotta move sometimes. ive sat on spots and got 0 .then left and caught fish. then came back 2 hrs later and nailed a couple on the spot that had none previously.