THE LAKE CUMBERLAND STRIPER FISHING REPORT

By Captain Jim Durham – Owner StriperFun Guide Service
Staff Writer for fishin.com

DATE OF REPORT: November 24, 2010

LAKE CONDITIONS

• Latest water temperature: 60.9° F surface (Fishing Creek) November 22 2010
• Latest water temperature: 61.1° F surface (Main Lake) November 23, 2010
• Latest water temperature: 61.5° F surface (White Oak Creek) November 22, 2010
• Current lake level is Lake Level: 681.17 feet.

Currently, the lake level is right at 681.17 feet above sea level. This is just about the normal (working on the dam) elevation of 680.00 feet above sea level. The lake is now about 43 feet below the tree line, which is 725' above sea level. I will keep you posted.

THIS IS MY 111th EDITION OF MY LAKE CUMBERLAND STRIPER FISHING REPORT!

Greetings to my readers! I hope the world finds you and your family doing well and that you have a terrific holiday season!

MOST RECENT REPORT

We are now in the late November fishing season. The water has cooled into the low 60 degree range and the fish are moving fast daily, chasing bait back into the mouths of the creeks (and then back out on to the main lake)1. It is always so cool to see these big predators that are moving so quick they look like “blurs” on the fish finder. This time of year I really depend on my big 12 inch color Raymarine C – 120 fish finder to locate fish. Its sophistication allows me to cruise at 15 to 20 MPH yet the unit reads clearly at high speed, accurately spotting fish and bait. I can cover a lot of ground that way and “zone in” on a big school!

We have been simply “nailing” surface feeding fish in the mid mornings! We chased a huge school all over the main lake for a few days late last week, catching multiple nice keeper fish limits (throwing Captain Jim Special “Little Friends” and “Dominator” jigs).

See the photo above of StriperFun’s Captain Dave case holding just a few of the fish caught and Captain Larry Ulmer with a monster! See also StriperFun customer Steve Delaney and family with a few of their larger fish caught recently fishing with Captain Jim!

As I said in my last report, this is one of my favorite times of year to fish! The air and water temperature are rapidly cooling and it is a true pleasure to be out on the water. The fishing continues to improve and will only get better! Book a trip with us!

Lee’s Ford Resort Marina is now StriperFun Guide Service “Headquarters”!