Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Keelguard/Keelshield

I have read mixed reviews concerning Keelguards/Keelshield on aluminum boats. I have a Tracker Tundra, which is a painted aluminum boat. Does anyone have experience with these guards on an aluminum boat?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Keelguard/Keelshield

Would like info on this also. Anyone?

Post Thanks / Like

Heres my 10 cents--looks like a good idea but for $140.00 for some rubber and expoxy thats way too high.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought the whole point in having an aluminum boat was for beaching on rocky banks and fishing timber without regard to scratches....

You can always touch up the paint if it bugs you too much. A keelguard on an aluminum boat just seems like a waste.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Fisher painted aluminum boat and i took mine to Line-X( co. that does the spray in bed liner's) and had a kneel guard sprayed on it. You can decide what you want as far as width and how far to run it. I ran mine from the bow to about 1 1/2' past where the bottom flattens out. The glue-on's don't fit the wide channel on most aluminum boat's. It was $225 but should last a long time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kydog View Post
    I have a Fisher painted aluminum boat and i took mine to Line-X( co. that does the spray in bed liner's) and had a kneel guard sprayed on it. You can decide what you want as far as width and how far to run it. I ran mine from the bow to about 1 1/2' past where the bottom flattens out. The glue-on's don't fit the wide channel on most aluminum boat's. It was $225 but should last a long time.
    Good info thanks, will check in on that. No one likes to see the paint fly So ART just worry about your glass