Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

McDonalds All Americans

Are heading to the Bluegrass. UK has four and U of L has two. Chane Behanan from Booling Green is the only Kentucky high school player to make it.

For Mills, even IU managed to land a burger boy with the Zeller kid. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and again. Maybe ol Harry Potter can make IU relevant again, or at least get them to the NIT!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: McDonalds All Americans

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_T View Post
    Are heading to the Bluegrass. UK has four and U of L has two. Chane Behanan from Booling Green is the only Kentucky high school player to make it.

For Mills, even IU managed to land a burger boy with the Zeller kid. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and again. Maybe ol Harry Potter can make IU relevant again, or at least get them to the NIT!
    You guys keep hatin' on IU.....thats what smart folk do when the chips are down! We are already back on track to become relevant, if not, formidable again very soon. We already went through getting rid of our no good, cheating coach.....when do you think UK will do the same?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lroberts View Post
    You guys keep hatin' on IU.....thats what smart folk do when the chips are down! We are already back on track to become relevant, if not, formidable again very soon. We already went through getting rid of our no good, cheating coach.....when do you think UK will do the same?
    That is the only way KY knows how to win. With thugs and money to pay them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LJP View Post
    Don't know too many thugs with a 4.0 GPA and already has enough college credits to be a junior.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow even this turned into an opportunity to toss hate at UK. Tough crowd....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lroberts View Post

When will UK do the same?...I guess when they start having seasons like IU has had for the bigger part of this decade.....You know your team is going in the right direction when formidable is a high expectation

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fishin is life View Post
    When will UK do the same?...I guess when they start having seasons like IU has had for the bigger part of this decade.....You know your team is going in the right direction when formidable is a high expectation
    I think what you meant to say was "when our coach gets caught cheating AGAIN". I know, I know.....it hasn't happened yet.....but it will. We had one too, you'll find out just how much it hurts. Yes, we have been non-competitive the last few years. That's what happens when you gut a program to make it and it's players clean again. Kick us while we're down, pay back is a b*%$#. And while we're talking about it.....if UK didn't win a Nat. Championship last year with FIVE first round draft picks they never will! FYI.....by my standards UK is formidable this year. A tough out for anyone, anywhere.....but not a true contender.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll give it to you that formidable would describe this years UK team....They could beat a good team in the tournament but probably won't make a deep run....Not gonna argue with that....IU is 5 good players from being anything more than formidable....I don't see them being a "contender" running any of their 5 starters on the floor....but thats JMO

Post Thanks / Like

Oh I agree.....we are several players from being able to win against the top teams. We have good players right now, just not a enough size and true depth. Crean has us going in the right direction though......enjoy us being down while you can.....the rivalry will heat up next year!

Post Thanks / Like

Zeller lives down the road from me..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LJP View Post
    The "Only" way KY knows how to win. Sure does sound like some sour grapes coming from a fan of a team that made it to the Championship game in 2002, which is the only meaningful NCAA run since 1987. I guess the 1996, 1997, and 1998 teams at UK were full of thugs as well. That was some Thuglife wannabe's, Delk, Walker, Pope, McCarty, Anderson, Mercer, Mills, Sheppard, Magloire, Mohammad, Padgett, Evans, Turner, Epps .... A bunch of money taking thugs these 3 years. You can't name a thug during the Tubby era that did not get taken down a few notches. Drunken Billy G era was just that Drunken. Johnny C era, Demarcus Cousins, THUG, no doubt. Other than that, how many thugs have you seen playing at UK?

I call a spade a spade and IU has a very good coach in Tom Crean and I think he did an outstanding job at Marquette and will do the same at IU. But way too much hating or jealousy on the Big Blue. When our coach is busted for cheating and we are on probation, then hate all you want, but until then sure does sound like a bunch of jealousy to me.

Post Thanks / Like

What Elnut said...