Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

trip options for Paducah 4/29/10

My wife is attending a quilt thingamajig that day. Looking for trip options for 2 people, guided or not, for fishing that day from around 9 am to 3 pm. We would like big catfish, bluegill or crappie fishing. No alcohol to be involved.
    Never fished the Ohio River, might be interesting.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: trip options for Paducah 4/29/10

Dude, that close to Kentucky Lake, i woudl try and find a guide who will go out from Kentucky Dam Village area. It is a super short drive from the P town.

Post Thanks / Like

Call Jim Doom,"Between the Rivers Guide Service",(270) 362-0221 offers half day trips,will meet you at Grand Rivers..Jim was on Kentucky Afield Saturday night fishing for shellcrackers with Tim Farmer at Barkley Lake.I've been out with him several times fishing for Striper and Hybrids below the dams and actually had to buy an extra cooler to bring back our catch..First time and probably last time for me doing that.Jim is a great guy and you couldn't go wrong with him.My other suggestion would be Don Schunk..A.K.A the "Big Kahuna",(270)554-0104,Don fishes out of Moor's Resort.I took a trip with Don one very hot June morning and had a blast catching white bass.Don specializes in Cats and Crappie.One more thing..If you have any time at all eat at Miss Patti's there in Grand Rivers.its da bomb!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by darealbigcatman View Post
    Call Jim Doom,"Between the Rivers Guide Service",(270) 362-0221 offers half day trips,will meet you at Grand Rivers..Jim was on Kentucky Afield Saturday night fishing for shellcrackers with Tim Farmer at Barkley Lake.I've been out with him several times fishing for Striper and Hybrids below the dams and actually had to buy an extra cooler to bring back our catch..First time and probably last time for me doing that.Jim is a great guy and you couldn't go wrong with him.My other suggestion would be Don Schunk..A.K.A the "Big Kahuna",(270)554-0104,Don fishes out of Moor's Resort.I took a trip with Don one very hot June morning and had a blast catching white bass.Don specializes in Cats and Crappie.One more thing..If you have any time at all eat at Miss Patti's there in Grand Rivers.its da bomb!!!
    To hell with the fishing, just stay at Patti's all day long and eat as many 2" Thick Pork Chops and "Flower Pot" Bread with strawberry butter as you can, but you better get your reservation now for Patti's.

Post Thanks / Like

Quilters weekend the line at Patti's will be 14 hours long any other fine restaurant will only be 10 hours.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner View Post
    Quilters weekend the line at Patti's will be 14 hours long any other fine restaurant will only be 10 hours.
    I should have added that you need to get your reservations now.

Post Thanks / Like

Try Randy Kuhens of Kick N Bass Guide service. He guides for Bass, Crappie,and Panfish. He does a great job catering to his customers and has a very good personality.