Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Beaver lake Lawrenceburg

Anyone know if it's frozen???

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Beaver lake Lawrenceburg

Drove by it on Sunday and it was frozen. It looked like a thin sheet though might be thawed out now. I hope all those fourteen inchers I caught there last year have grown a little bit over the winter. I have never caught so many fish barely under the limit.

Post Thanks / Like

Go to Ky Lake and that will change your tune about never catching so many fish just under the size limit.

Quote Originally Posted by nlex104 View Post
    Drove by it on Sunday and it was frozen. It looked like a thin sheet though might be thawed out now. I hope all those fourteen inchers I caught there last year have grown a little bit over the winter. I have never caught so many fish barely under the limit.

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to go to ky lake I have never been down there. I'm not sure if ky lake is ready for me to unleash the 12ft jon with those five massive horses pushing it around. I would prolly just be a bobber in that water..

Post Thanks / Like

Beaver lake is a well kept secret. I have not caught many there with any size, but if you want to catch a bunch of fish then Beaver is the place to go. I wish they would at least let you idle with the big motor though. many days I have barley had enough juice to get back to the ramp. Last year my fishing partner and I had 63 in five hours. I don't think my thumb could have taken any more punishment that day.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree it is the place to go for numbers. I went in out one night this past fall and caught 27 in three hours but only one of them was over fifteen. I dont really understand why they dont let people idle there, I know they have had petitions there before to sign trying to get that rule put in place but nothing has ever come of it.

Post Thanks / Like

At one time...it was a trophy lake for black bass, back in the day! My largest bass in my life, to this day, was caught there! June 1st, 1988...8pm...water temp was in the 78ish...7 pounds and 14 ounces; 22 and a half inch long! On a 10 inch solid black jelly worm...spinning real with 10 pound test (was a rookie back then, although fishing a lizard or worm was my stong suit). Not much moss back then on the lake.
    I witnessed a fella catch a 10lb!!! there on a jig off of the main lake point...close to the dam!!

Post Thanks / Like

You can't idle with a big motor but it is ok for the Pontooners in their 10hp to go full tilt boogie within an arms reach of you. Still does not make any sense to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Your right on about that elnutsmalljaws. For those that live there...their actions will tell you that you are on their lake...and they own it! There are some good folk that live on the lake...but there are some real asses there that will run within arms reach of ya....when you are fishing! Crazy really....Last time I was there, last year...I posted how there were a few running their big motors 90hp...50's...the Warden was there...and writing tickest as fast as he could in the am. But around 6pm...when the warden went home...there they were again...another 40hp runnning down the lake...20 yards from me...going to his dock / cabin. Some there even take it one step futher...they have 20hp and even some 40's...that some how can get away with a cover on their motors that say 10hp. ??? Im not making that up!

Post Thanks / Like

I will attest to what Demo said as I was with him and saw this guy going way over idle with a 50hp motor and yes the pontoon almost got us, but we had fun that day caught a lot of fish a couple of keepers but it was a blast.

Post Thanks / Like

It's a great place to be in the Spring!!! Close to Lex and full of fish. I love the lake and wish the weeds could stay.

Post Thanks / Like

I have grown up on this lake....It has an over abundance of quality fish...I saw a big difference in the size of fish when they decided to kill off the vegetation (which now is coming back)...We use to have friday and saturday night tournaments that were a blast...I would love to bring this back if I could get enough people interested....I had thought about talking with fish and wildlife about letting the tournament be a 12in limit or even 13 to make it more interesting would there b anybody out there that would be interested in such a tournament...