Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Worst call I've seen in years

Boys I got no dog in this fight, because I could care less who wins between Ky and Miss St. That said, that railroad job right before half was the worst call I've seen in years and maybe an all time top 20. My God that was frickin horrible. That was about as much a three point attempt as me being a professional rodeo clown. That T was out of line to. If I would have been coaching that game I would have got tossed and probably jailed. Isn't that ref that Valentine guy that Bobby Knight threatened to punch out? What a moron call.

Simply God awful, horrible, pitaful, ridiculous. assanine, stupid, ok I'm running out of words, that call stunk and is actually almost funny it was so bad. If I'm Stansbury and we loose by two or something I just go ahead and wait outside the arena for that idiot, lol...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Worst call I've seen in years

That is Valentine.....and yes he is awful. Did you know he got banned from the Big Ten for like five years over what happened between him and IU/Knight? He gave Knight a T for walking on the floor to check on an injured player (Luke Recker....who I would rather forget!). Then threw him out for arguing the fact that he was allowed to be on the floor to check on his player.

Post Thanks / Like

You guys were obvisouly not watching teh Kentucky game. Even a blind version of an idiot like Barack Obama could plainly see he was making a last ditch attempt at a shot.

But yes the Technical Foul was a joke. And yes Valentine is an idiot. I am surpised he even made the RIGHT call about him taking a shot.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't see the play in question.....just saw later that Valentine was the ref.

Post Thanks / Like

I just don't understand how UK gets stuck with Ted Valentine and Tony Greene every game in the SEC when they have been banned from other conferences. Their lousey officiating has contributed to all the 2 point road losses.
    As far as the 1st half Miss State shot 12 free throws to Uk's 4,in both halves Miss State only had 4 total fouls with 2 minutes left in the half,that just doesn't happen......

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone (not just on this forum) that blames losses on officials does understand basketball. games come down to possessions, and what you do with them. So they lost by two points, did you you think about how many turnovers, missed field goals or free-throws, or offensive rebounds they gave up. Many times foul discrepencies (sp?) come down to who was more aggressive attacking the basket, or maybe the way a team plays defense.....not because of home court advantages with refs.

Post Thanks / Like

UK was the better team tonight, Lamb, Knight, Jones, Miller and Harrelson all contributed to the win. Knight, 24 pts and 7 asst, Lamb 20 pts on 7-8 shooting, Jones 17 pts 10 reb 5 asst, Miller 13 pts and Harrelson 9pts and 6 reb. This is the lines that we have to see EVERY night in order for us to make any noise in the SEC Tourney and the NCAA Tourney.

Dee Bost absolutely OWNDED Knight the first 15 minutes of the game. Something changed around then and Knight OWNED Bost the rest of the way.

Post Thanks / Like

Brandon Knight is really turning into a complete player. He hits big shots, protects the ball and keeps others focused. Really a solid guard.

That call was horrible call, half of ESPN staff agrees for what it's worth. Yes Ky was a better team and deserved the win, I just hate bad officiating.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree the call was bad. Did you hear the game callers explain what happened? They said they talked with the officials and they said stansbury was allowed to cool off and walk away but he kept pressing the issue. What a joke!

Post Thanks / Like

I watched the game and being a UK fan I still thought it was a bad call on the 3 point attempt. That being said is it just me or is Lamb one of the most under-rated players in the nation. If he gets his feet set I think he is the 2nd best shooter in the country only behind Jimmer Ferdet (sp)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not gonna say one way or the other on the foul call or the first T that
    Stansbury got, but did anybody see him grab the official as they were walking off the floor for halftime....If I'm an official and a coach, player, commentator, stat guy, grandma, grandpa, or ball boy reaches out and grabs me the way Stansbury did, somebodys getting thrown out of the building

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    Brandon Knight is really turning into a complete player. He hits big shots, protects the ball and keeps others focused. Really a solid guard.

That call was horrible call, half of ESPN staff agrees for what it's worth. Yes Ky was a better team and deserved the win, I just hate bad officiating.
    this is old, but if half agreed with your opinion, that means half didn't.