Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mitch Daniels takes on LABOR

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    Check this out........

INDIANA LEGISLATIVE UPDATE

House Bill 1585: Seeks to permanently ban collective bargaining for state employees, criminalize the encouragement and participation in strikes by public employees and takes away the pensions of those who do. The bill also prohibits even voluntary collection of dues by local and state governments as well as school employers and disproportionately hurts the ability of women and minorities to bargain for better wages and working conditions. It passed out of committee and now moves to the House floor for a vote.

House Bill 1216: Prohibits project labor agreements and renders Indiana?s common construction requirements useless. Specifically the legislation exempts from common construction wage requirements projects under $1 million and all school and university projects. Currently only projects under $150,000 are exempt from this law. Passing this bill would lower the wages of Indiana?s construction workers and open the door to out-of-state workers.

House Bill 1203: An unnecessary bill designed to interfere with worker's ability to designate a union to represent them, if passed the National Labor Relations Board has already pledged to sue the state because the measure is unconstitutional.

House Bill 1538: Bars local units of government from setting a minimum wage higher than a state minimum wage, restricting an important way to put upward pressure on wages.

Senate Bill 273: Like House Bill 1585, this bill seeks to permanently ban collective bargaining for state employees and criminalize the encouragement and participation in strikes by public employees.

Senate Bill 333: Seeks to eliminate the use of all Projects Labor Agreements on publicly funded construction projects.

Senate Bill 575: Limits collective bargaining rights of Indiana?s teachers to the point of dismantling them. If passed, only wages and certain fringe benefits may be bargained. This bill eliminates bargaining of hours and days, opening the door to extremely long hours and a longer work week with no additional compensation.

Senate Bill 001: Allows for outside agencies to be used to evaluate teachers and for teachers to evaluate other teachers. Teachers will not have input into the evaluation tool. The State Board of Education will have to approve the tool chosen by a school corporation, limiting local control. There is no appeal process under this bill if a teacher is fired unjustly. The Superintendent of Public Instruction may revoke a teacher?s license at will.

House Bill 1002: Allows for charters to be established by mayors of 2nd class cities or a majority vote of a school board. The bill allows for acquisition of under-utilized buildings for $1 per year for up to 20 years. The school corporation must maintain the building. Charters have first option at any under-utilized building, meaning the corporation cannot choose to sell it if a charter wants the building. It also requires that only 50 percent of the teachers in a charters need to be licensed.

House Bill 1003: Creates vouchers to allow public money to be diverted to private schools. If passed public schools are estimated to lose $110 million.
    Where'd this uh 'update' come from? Sounds like it was taken off a union web site.

Post Thanks / Like

I love Daniels and would vote for him for President in a bird dog second.

Unions have been one of the most destructive entities ever in American workforce history. While they lobby to have extravagant pay and benny/retirement packages all our jobs went over seas and so did this economy. Glenn Beck is right about 95% of the time, and I could care less about the other 5%, lol......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukkid View Post
    Union workers are all lazy?? Sounds like too much FOX (FIX) News.and the great one Glenn Beck
    Nope sounds like personal experience from working two different union jobs. Sounds like having my head out of my A$$ unlike anyone who believes that Detroits problems were caused by anything other than organized labor. Sounds like I have seen first hand experience that unions have caused the education problems in this country.

Post Thanks / Like

If you think Glenn "Nazi" Beck is right about anything you have serious problems...I feel sorry for you. He just barely graduated high school...and no college at all...I got a beagle hound thats smarter than he is..

Post Thanks / Like

If you think Glenn "Nazi" Beck is right about anything you have serious problems...I feel sorry for you. He just barely graduated high school...and no college at all...I got a beagle hound thats smarter than he is..
    Think your beagle could get a few hundred thousand people to DC for a rally? Beck did.

Can your beagle type? For goodness sake, put him on here instead of you. I guarantee his takes will be more intelligent than yours.

Post Thanks / Like

It appears that someone has confused attending college with being intelligent. The ukkid has taken one semester of Political Science and Econ 101 and thinks he knows everything.

I'm beginning to believe that the ukkid is just a resurrected slipped cork and as such has just been added to my ignore list in order for me to avoid wasting any more of my time reading his leftist,elitist, "I'm smarter then you" drivel.

Time for you to grow up kid and realize how the real world operates and functions.

I am asking all members not to quote the kid on any post. He's now on my ignore list and I'm done reading his childish rants.

Post Thanks / Like

Every time Beck makes a statement that is controversial he always add look it up don’t believe me look it up for yourself. He has asked the White House to call him if he is wrong put in a special line and only the White House has the number.

As far as Governor Daniel I would trade him in a minute for Illinois Governor Quinn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by walkeraviator View Post
    Nope sounds like personal experience from working two different union jobs. Sounds like having my head out of my A$$ unlike anyone who believes that Detroits problems were caused by anything other than organized labor. Sounds like I have seen first hand experience that unions have caused the education problems in this country.
    Can you please explain how unions have caused the education problems in this country?? Do you think teachers in the union teach less/or worse because they are in a union??

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know who of you guys count yourselves as being in the middle class but it is a tough call for me to believe any of you think the middle class was allowed to grow by any other means than unions....other than the unions the "haves and the have nots" would be more skewed than it is ..look at the weakening of the unions in the last several years and see that the rattle snakes at the top of the heap have increased their income directly on the backs of the people who work a 40 hour week to provide for his family ...There is something wrong in our society when working every day doesn't keep a person out of the food stamp line...Folks now think 10 or 12 dollar an hour jobs are decent jobs, it seems that has fallen quite a bit since the unions have started to fall out of grace..If you guys are making your 100 grand a year and doing that by paying your employees minimum wage then you are part of the problem the same as corporations who pay their ceo millions of dollars in bonuses while their employees haven't gotten a raise in a couple years...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hlleonard View Post
    I don't know who of you guys count yourselves as being in the middle class but it is a tough call for me to believe any of you think the middle class was allowed to grow by any other means than unions....other than the unions the "haves and the have nots" would be more skewed than it is ..look at the weakening of the unions in the last several years and see that the rattle snakes at the top of the heap have increased their income directly on the backs of the people who work a 40 hour week to provide for his family ...There is something wrong in our society when working every day doesn't keep a person out of the food stamp line...Folks now think 10 or 12 dollar an hour jobs are decent jobs, it seems that has fallen quite a bit since the unions have started to fall out of grace..If you guys are making your 100 grand a year and doing that by paying your employees minimum wage then you are part of the problem the same as corporations who pay their ceo millions of dollars in bonuses while their employees haven't gotten a raise in a couple years...
    You are talking to def ears here. They think a rich man make 4.50 an hour but bitch and moan about any tax we pay. They will support a trillion dollar war but slam a person disabled on the draw. Go figure.

Post Thanks / Like

Man I guess it's one of those things that if your union or been union your pro union. I'm not and I don't need to look past what they have tried to do in the construction industry that I'm in. Instead of competing fairly they support a governor elect and then get a wage law passed that demands we pay a fella who comes right out of high school working on a job with no experience $35 per hour!!! How does that make sense?? How many of you make that after working 20 years in your trade??
    This stupid union law did one thing for sure.... Construction costs went up, unions still can't compete because they refuse to budge on what they feel is fair.
    It's disturbing to work around some of these local factories that are union and watch the total waste of time and lack of work from some of the workers who feel they have a long process of warnings before they can be fired for doing something wrong. No fear of losing your job and that entitlement attitude is wrong. Too many folks cruise that way. How many times have the unions ruined a industry?? Auto industry? Airline? Educational? All of those are constantly demanding more money or benefits or playing strong arm tactics. Just look at Wisconsin right now. Unions should be busted.
    The teachers called in sick... A lie. Kids were rushed in to present a show of force without any idea of why they were there. What about the kids who actually wanted to go to school? Was there a contract for those teachers to teach the kids or just lie and call in sick with no regard for what their responsibilities are?? Do that in a private job and see what happens. That move alone by those folks proves my point. They want something so they screw everyone to make a point.....is that what unions are about??? Band together and hold corporations, businesses and gubment officials hostage?
    Last edited by DJD; 02-21-2011 at 11:39 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm like Don in that my paycheck comes from the construction industry...been in this business for 31 years. And I say DOWN with the Unions!

Everyone agree's with this statement except of course those who are in a Union. All that strong arming crap is just that...CRAP!! I'm not saying a guy on an assembly line doesn't work hard, he probably does, day in, day out, going to the same stinking line everyday, lights blinking, obnoxious sounds, life on the assembly line probably stinks...but not EVERY guy on the line works hard so why should EVERY guy on the line get the same pay? Why should job security be based on how many years experience a guy has verses how good he is at the work he does. Total number of years experience does not always equate to excellent work produced so why pay Union Platinum Star-A top pay while also paying the Union Bench Warmer the equal amount? Same goes for teachers, some are excellent, some should not be teaching but yet the union treats them equally.

Why should people get a kickback from the Union when they're laid off so while they're laid off they bring home almost as much pay as when they're working? And why should I have to pay extra dollars to support my american brother's job AND help finance his pension by buying his product? It seems to me that I'm already doing my part by buying his american made product, this keeps him employed, but I sure as heck should NOT be charged an extra dollar to help fund his pension. If he wants a nest egg come retirment day then let him save it on his own. No one helps fund my pension...oops...I forgot...I don't have a pension plan because I'm not in a union.

To heck with Unions! Don't want'em, don't need'em, they are aiding in the down fall of this country!