Search Fishin.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Boycott KY dept of fish and wildlife deer survey

"For anyone who cant imagine this is true then come down to Henderson, Union, Webster, Crittenden, Caldwell, Hopkins, Muhlenburg and Ohio Counties and you will see for your self."

"Once again, there ar not that many places like you describe and the few that do exist have no real influence in the states deer management. If they are managing their land in accordance with the laws then that is their perogative, but if they are breaking the law they will be punished. If you don't believe so do a google search on Game Trails LLC or Greg Ritz".

Im not talking conspiracy theory...im talking reality and fact.

Im assuming you dont know what is going on in this part of WKY because you are located in Shephardsville. Im not sure you understand how much money a single individual is capable of having or that it is possible for a single person to own three thousand acres for something as simple as tax write off purposes.
    I lived in this particular area before i left for twenty five years and ive lived here since i returned. I know who owns these large multi thousand acre tracts of land and who are inviting the out of state hunters to hunt their grounds.
    Its all out of state / word of mouth advertising and do you think they all have business licenses identifying themsleves as hunting guides. A number of them work on a cash in hand operation where taxes are not paid due to payment not being traceable. And do you think that if a person was to do something "UNETHICAL" at 1:00 am in the morning and out in the middle of 2000 acres where the entire perimeter of the land is posted with a sign every fifty feet that they are going to be caught. What are the chances of that happening. Have you actually been out in the middle of 2000 acres of secluded woodlands at 1:00 am in the morning to understand how hard it would be to catch someone while they were doing something "UNETHICAL".

And as for the youngsters that you see in the hunter education classes i have friends who teach the classes and i have sat in and helped with these classes. The instructors i know often talk about how the majority of these children will never have a place to deer hunt unless their family owns a farm or they get older and have decent paying jobs and can pay tousands of dollars to lease ground for hunting purposes. But we do agree these classes are still worth their weight in gold due to the fact they are geared towards the subject of firearms safety.

Im not too familiar with the Pitman Robertson Act so ill take your word for that. But are the KDFWR employees vehicles, wages and health insurance paid for by revenue generated from hunting license and tag sales? Or would this money come from the general fund?
    Last edited by IronWorker; 03-24-2011 at 02:20 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Boycott KY dept of fish and wildlife deer survey

Quote Originally Posted by IronWorker View Post
    "For anyone who cant imagine this is true then come down to Henderson, Union, Webster, Crittenden, Caldwell, Hopkins, Muhlenburg and Ohio Counties and you will see for your self."

"Once again, there ar not that many places like you describe and the few that do exist have no real influence in the states deer management. If they are managing their land in accordance with the laws then that is their perogative, but if they are breaking the law they will be punished. If you don't believe so do a google search on Game Trails LLC or Greg Ritz".

Im not talking conspiracy theory...im talking reality and fact.

Im assuming you dont know what is going on in this part of WKY because you are located in Shephardsville. Im not sure you understand how much money a single individual is capable of having or that it is possible for a single person to own three thousand acres for something as simple as tax write off purposes.
    I lived in this particular area before i left for twenty five years and ive lived here since i returned. I know who owns these large multi thousand acre tracts of land and who are inviting the out of state hunters to hunt their grounds.
    Its all out of state / word of mouth advertising and do you think they all have business licenses identifying themsleves as hunting guides. A number of them work on a cash in hand operation where taxes are not paid due to payment not being traceable. And do you think that if a person was to do something "UNETHICAL" at 1:00 am in the morning and out in the middle of 2000 acres where the entire perimeter of the land is posted with a sign every fifty feet that they are going to be caught. What are the chances of that happening. Have you actually been out in the middle of 2000 acres of secluded woodlands at 1:00 am in the morning to understand how hard it would be to catch someone while they were doing something "UNETHICAL".

And as for the youngsters that you see in the hunter education classes i have friends who teach the classes and i have sat in and helped with these classes. The instructors i know often talk about how the majority of these children will never have a place to deer hunt unless their family owns a farm or they get older and have decent paying jobs and can pay tousands of dollars to lease ground for hunting purposes. But we do agree these classes are still worth their weight in gold due to the fact they are geared towards the subject of firearms safety.

Im not too familiar with the Pitman Robertson Act so ill take your word for that. But are the KDFWR employees vehicles, wages and health insurance paid for by revenue generated from hunting license and tag sales? Or would this money come from the general fund?

I have been inside a lot bigger area than that before on overnight backpacking trips, so yes I realize that at 1 a.m. you could get away with a lot. I also realize how big the land tracts you are talking about are. If they are simply poaching at 1 a.m. and you know this for a fact, I would advise you to call 1-800-858-1549 and report it, this is an anonymous phone call. If you are talking about out of state hunters leasing land that is perfectly legal. It *****, but there is not much we can do about that.

I am a Hunters ed instructor and I agree that some of these kids may not have a private place to hunt, but Kentucky has a lot of public land that can be hunted and they are always trying to get their hands on more.

I am probably more aware of what goes on than you think I am. I travel hunting and fishing all over this state.

As for how KDFWR is funded, it is entirely through license sales and the Pittman Robertson (also called Wallop/Breaugh) act. This puts an excise tax on hunting and fishing related gear that goes to the US Fish and Wildife Service. It is then distrbuted to the state fish and game agencys based on the number of license sales in the state. The Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resrouces is funded by anglers and hunters. The money does not come from the state tax budget. We as hunters/anglers actually own thge agency so to speak and they work for us (to an extent).