Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Boycott KY dept of fish and wildlife deer survey

They did one a little over a year ago and have refused to release the results of a several month survey. why do they want us to participate in this one. what are they hiding.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Boycott KY dept of fish and wildlife deer survey

Very good question. Perhaps Tim T. can shed some light on this one.

Post Thanks / Like

I already filled mine out now I wish I wouldn't have. Why can't we know it's OUR **** deer herd.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by barkleyhawggitter View Post
    They did one a little over a year ago and have refused to release the results of a several month survey. why do they want us to participate in this one. what are they hiding.

What survey did they do that results were not released?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_T View Post
    What survey did they do that results were not released?
    they did an online survey on season lengths for archery muzzleloader and gun with questions on big buck management. the survey was on the department website for a few months and had many participants i am sure including myself. i have repeatedly asked for the results and they will not even acknowledge that the thing exists or talk to me. they must not want the public to know the results, they are hiding something.

Post Thanks / Like

Barkley, I am going to do some snooping around next week and see what I can find out. I honestly don't recall any survey that the results were not released, including the phone survey they did about the crossbow season a few years back. Not saying I doubt you, I am just wanting to see what I can find.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Tim for checking on this.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't make it to the commission meeting on Friday, but did find out that the season expansion in zones 3-4 was a tie vote at 4-4 so it didn't pass. The results of the survey were about 60-40 in favor of, but biologist Karen Alexy said she was in favor of keeping it at the nine day length.

Naturally Doug Hensley, Taylor Orr and Doc Angel voted in favor of the expansion.

SB 64 will get this mess cleaned up as soon as Orr and Hensley's terms expire.

Post Thanks / Like

Barkley, I am going to do some snooping around next week and see what I can find out. I honestly don't recall any survey that the results were not released, including the phone survey they did about the crossbow season a few years back. Not saying I doubt you, I am just wanting to see what I can find.
    thanks tim, i participated in it. it was a lengthy online survey. it was in the last two years. may have to send in a freedom of information request and force them to release it. would hope one would not have to go to that extent cause we paid for the thing in the first place!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't make it to the commission meeting on Friday, but did find out that the season expansion in zones 3-4 was a tie vote at 4-4 so it didn't pass. The results of the survey were about 60-40 in favor of, but biologist Karen Alexy said she was in favor of keeping it at the nine day length.

Naturally Doug Hensley, Taylor Orr and Doc Angel voted in favor of the expansion.

SB 64 will get this mess cleaned up as soon as Orr and Hensley's terms expire.

Btw the 8th district commissioner Mr. fryman was not at the meeting which explains the 4-4 tie.

Post Thanks / Like

EDITED.

Post Thanks / Like

Please dont take what i am about to say wrong. But with all due respect to you the days of it being "our deer herd" are long over. The private land owners along with the out of state land hoarders are the ones who now own the deer herds with the sole expressed interest in making large amounts of money off those deer herds. I with the inclusion of eveyone on this board knows this is true and so does the Kentucky Department of Fish & Wildlife. The Department of Fish & Wildlife would never admit it (even under the most dire circumstances they wouldnt admit it) and they are desperately hoping not many people open their eyes to the fact of it being how it is. The truth is we are paying state employed biologists to keep track of privately owned deer herds on privately owned land that 99% of us will never get to hunt much less take a shot at them. And if thats not crooked i dont know what would constitute being crooked.

With so many private deer herds actively managed and looked after by multi-millionaire landowners who are in the business of making money off those deer there is little danger of the state wide deer population being compromised to the point that their numbers will become endangered much less being hunted to extinction. So why do we have state employed conservation officers and biologists when there are so many deer hunting business owners constantly patroling their properties and monitoring the numbers and the quality of these privately owned deer herds.
    How can a poacher stand a chance against one of these land owners following them with a GPS and a cell phone connected to the state police?

The survey results were probably not released to the public because it would have caused a huge stink and ill tell you why it might have possibly caused a stink.
    With all the farmers who own a thousand acres and are inviting out of staters in to hunt. Do you honestly think these farmers are going to the courthouse and registering as a "hunting guide business"?
    Do you think they are requiring their "paid guests" to use a legitimate and traceable form of payment and to also purchase a state hunting license and all applicable permits?
    Do you honestly think the number of deer being havested is reported in a honest and accurate manner?

These individuals claim it is cheaper to sell guided hunts than to risk planting a crop and losing it to drought. Dont think for one minute that behind all the no tresspassing signs and constant 24 hour trail cam protection that a number of them are not secretly planting a "crop" and making 100% tax free money off it.