Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Texas Hold em...

Anybody play Texas Holdem pretty seriously?

How do these hands cross your hairs?

I sit down at the $1-$2 No Limit game at the Horseshoe last night. I buy in for the max $300. First hand I am dealt A-K suited in the big blind. This ying yang on the other side came in for 7 and another fella raised it to 15, I pushed it to $40 since there were 3 more that just came in for the minimum before the first raise to act. All fold but the fella that made it 15. Flop comes A, A, 9, If he has the case A, I think I have him outkicked so I check. He bets $60 and I call. Now I have 1/3rd of my stack in the middle on the first hand. A 2 comes on the turn and I check,and he bets 100, I shove all in and he SNAP calls me in a milisecond, I thought he had pocket 9 or pocket 2, but he had a pocket pair of 5's. He has 2 outs and they don't come. Doubled up to $600 just like that in the first hand.

Played tight and folded most of the next hour and then in the Big Blind I am dealt 3-6 offsuit. Terrible hand that I am going to lay down if anyone just motions to make a bet. Nobody does and I check for free and the flop comes 2-4-5, nut straight. The guy beside me had just sat down with about $900 in chips. I am trying to trap, so I check, he checks behind. Ace comes on 4th street. I am hoping he has pocket A's or a big Ace at least. He fires $40, I come over the top and make it a $100 straight, he calls. An Ace comes on 4th street, pretty card because any 3 makes broadway. I checked and he bet$200, I shoved all in and he SNAPPED CALLED me. I though I was doomed but the guy is an idiot. He had an Ace and a 6 and was hoping to win with the pair of aces or hit the 3 on the river to win. Neigher happened and I rake in a $1200 pot. Perfect way to start the night

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Texas Hold em...

Nice.

HURRICANEBOB Guest

where we going for dinner and drinks. You owe me cause I got the guy drunk before he sat down.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANEBOB View Post
    where we going for dinner and drinks. You owe me cause I got the guy drunk before he sat down.
    We should meet at Horseshoes. You can keep getting them drunk, I will keep taking their money and we will split it right down the middle 80/20 (20% is for you)