Search Fishin.com

Thread: Radio squelch

HURRICANEBOB Guest

Radio squelch

My marine band radio has a lot of static, and I can't get it to quiet down. Can anybody tell me where to buy squelch? I'd prefer the spray on kind, but the brush on type will work too. I can't get Uniden, or Raytheon to answer my emails for help. And the folks at Humminbird keep putting me on hold and transferring me to somebody else who makes me explain it again, only to once again be put on hold and transferred to another person who wants to hear me explain it. They seem like nice folks cause they joke with me a lot, but frankly I think they are stumped too.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Radio squelch

I thought squelch was a knob on the unit that you adjusted up or down to reduce static and/or low transmissions. Never heard of a spray on or brush on deal...seems weird to me.

Sounds like maybe a circuit is broken, or maybe you just need to put some contact cleaner on it.

I know on some old marine radios on the houseboat, after sitting unused all winter, you had to turn the knobs up and down several times to clean the contacts before they would work right for the rest of the summer. Never had to use any contact cleaner by just doing that.

Post Thanks / Like

Art

HURRICANE BOB has been in the Makers Mark again however I do have some spray on Squelch and stain remover I would love to sell him at just 70.00 per ounce.

Beep Beep

Post Thanks / Like

Like with most modern electronics you may find it less expensive to replace the radio than to fix it.

China is sending more disposable radios every week.

They have a very good business plan. Send cheap electronics that you will replace every two years. Warrent them from China so that you will spend more to ship it back than you paid for it.

Put different brand names on them so that you do not realize you are buying the same cheap crappyola each time. Then buy another one and another one and so on.