Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Boat insurance Cost

I have about 15000 worth of coverage on my Triton and pay $305.00 a year. Does this seem like a good price.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Boat insurance Cost

Quote Originally Posted by BigB View Post
    I have about 15000 worth of coverage on my Triton and pay $305.00 a year. Does this seem like a good price.
    No, not really a great price. I'm not sure to what extent boat value impacts the insurance vs. coverage levels. I'm at 300,000 in liabiity on a 95 ranger (taxed value by KY about 8500) and my insurance is about $200 annually. Actually went up when the boat was moved from Lex to Northern KY. Agent says NKY is a higher rate district.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by davidsa View Post
    No, not really a great price. I'm not sure to what extent boat value impacts the insurance vs. coverage levels. I'm at 300,000 in liabiity on a 95 ranger (taxed value by KY about 8500) and my insurance is about $200 annually. Actually went up when the boat was moved from Lex to Northern KY. Agent says NKY is a higher rate district.
    Mine is $162 for the same coverage. It helps to have your house, all of your vehicles, and all of your toys with the same company.

HURRICANEBOB Guest

I have Progressive:

Boat, motor and trailer is north of $40K (Raider, EZLoader, Honda 135)
    Liability up to $300 K
    Property damage to $50K
    Uninsured coverage $25K per person or $50k per accident.
    $250 comprehensive, and $500 collision deductible

Total premium $273 for 12 months.

Post Thanks / Like

Progressive....Agreed value of $9000.00, $500.00 deductable, $300,000.liability, $50,000 property.

$118.00 year, (rate with a max boat speed of 45mph)

I would guess HP, speed rating are factored in.

My boat is old (but in excellent condition) and the motor is newer 4 stroke. This is why I went with an agreed value policy, the boat probably does not book for what it is worth.

HURRICANEBOB Guest

Oh, I forgot, I told them I was a nun too!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Boat insurance Cost

You guys need to check on bbcboards.net with Bob Luellen(user name insurance pro). He has gotten many of the members better coverage for less money with the same companies a lot are already with. He's a fisherman & knows what fishermen need & will go the extra mile to make sure you fully understand your coverage. Lot's have found out they didn't have what they thought they had & gotten better for a lot less $$$$. You'll be glad you did.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    You guys need to check on bbcboards.net with Bob Luellen(user name insurance pro). He has gotten many of the members better coverage for less money with the same companies a lot are already with. He's a fisherman & knows what fishermen need & will go the extra mile to make sure you fully understand your coverage. Lot's have found out they didn't have what they thought they had & gotten better for a lot less $$$$. You'll be glad you did.
    Yea with a lot of things people don't read the fine print and when they do it is to late. I don't know how it is now but there was a time when some companys would not cover your boat if you was fishing a tournament. and A lot of people assume that the contents in there boat is covered. There is a reason they make the print small LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kydonky View Post
    Progressive....Agreed value of $9000.00, $500.00 deductable, $300,000.liability, $50,000 property.

$118.00 year, (rate with a max boat speed of 45mph)

I would guess HP, speed rating are factored in.

My boat is old (but in excellent condition) and the motor is newer 4 stroke. This is why I went with an agreed value policy, the boat probably does not book for what it is worth.

Almost forgot to mention that I got a $12.00 anual premium discount for my KDFW safe boating course completion certification.

Post Thanks / Like

What do you guys say when it comes to the part they ask "what is the top speed of your boat?" Ive said 45 in the past and hoped she didnt know jack about boats.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigB View Post
    Too many details that you left out to know for sure. Age of the boat? Age of the motor? Accident history? Years of experience? It's different for each boat and each individual. I suggest doing some shopping on your own. That's what I did, and learned that I've got it pretty darn good.

I have a policy with a certain insurance agent in Benton KY who is a bass fisherman. I have shopped around and no one can touch it. I even tried the agent that I have my house and vehicles under thinking I could get a better rate for multiple polices, but they couldn't come close at all and didn't even try.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is my coverage with State Farm. The cost is $183.46 per year. I had a claim last year which they covered with no hassle at all. They have always been the cheapest company by far for any type of insurance and have always been great when it comes to boat claims.

Section I
    Boat & Boat Equipment Limits $8,500
    Motor Limits Included
    Boat Trailer Limits $1,500

Watercraft Liability Limits $100,000
    (Each Occurrence) Limits
    M Watercraft Medical Payments Limits $1,000
    (Each Person) Limits

Deductible(s)
    Losses Other than Below Limits $250
    Option F Limits $100