Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up KVD is a machine!!!

Watching the classic, and man KVD is a fishing machine, people all around him, and he loads up with a 22lb sack to take the lead....unbelievable. He hasnt won it yet, Chapman has a chance if he can get to where he is fishing, but for KVD to do what has done the last few years is unbelievable. He has won what 3 classics in a row, and now he can win 2 classics in a row, and thats just unheard of in this sport. I know a lot of people are tired of him winning, but I think we are fortunate to see someone like him dominate in todays time of angling. I think like Tiger Woods, he is bringing alot of youth into our sport, and I think thats fantastic, we need more youth to get involved in fishing, and conservation so this sport can survive and thrive!!! Go KVD you the man!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: KVD is a machine!!!

Dude is a stick!

Post Thanks / Like

Its inspiring to watch an athlete go beyond what seems possible win or loose this guy
    never ceases to impress, I find it impossible not to cheer on what i believe to be the best
    ever. GO GETem Kevin

Post Thanks / Like

I see a lot of parallels between BASS and NASCAR. Both sports started out small in the south and had an overly dominate person early on. NASCAR had Richard Petty and BASS had Bill Dance. They grew in popularity and today there are so many people in both sports that when people make it pro, they are all of pretty equal talent. And thanks to technology, they are all on even playing fields. But in both cases a young dedicated person who has focus, talent, and family support has risen above the rest. I see KVD just like I see Jimmie Johnson. I dont like to see anyone win ALL the time, but you have to respect anyone who can pull of this many wins in todays level of cometition.

Post Thanks / Like

As for today, I think there are a lot of factors at play. The Fog... will it be around long enough to limit the guys running to venice? Will the smaller field relieve the pressure on Lake Cat, or will the KVD show bring in so many spectator boats that the fish get spooked? Has the previous two days of Martens, KVD, and others fishing the same 3 acres of water completly smoked that hole? Will KVD throw everyone for a loop and go to a secret spot he has been letting rest all weekend?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by walkeraviator View Post
    I see a lot of parallels between BASS and NASCAR. Both sports started out small in the south and had an overly dominate person early on. NASCAR had Richard Petty and BASS had Bill Dance. They grew in popularity and today there are so many people in both sports that when people make it pro, they are all of pretty equal talent. And thanks to technology, they are all on even playing fields. But in both cases a young dedicated person who has focus, talent, and family support has risen above the rest. I see KVD just like I see Jimmie Johnson. I dont like to see anyone win ALL the time, but you have to respect anyone who can pull of this many wins in todays level of cometition.
    There certainly are parallels to Johnson but I think that you will agree that what KVD has accomplished may be even more special. After all, he does not have a crew chief (Knaus) to assist in making decisions about where and how to fish. I wouldn't want either Johnson or KVD in my rear view mirror.

Post Thanks / Like

He's on performance enhancing drugs lol he is a monster

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by walkeraviator View Post

yea but they actually show NASCAR on tv..

Post Thanks / Like

The wolverene is making a late charge. He has 1 over 10lbs and a couple other solid chunks with plenty of time left to fish. KVD is stuck on a solid bag right now. One more kicker and he ties the win and classic record.

Shawn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nitro90 View Post
    He's on performance enhancing drugs lol he is a monster
    I just about fell out of my chair... lol