Search Fishin.com

onemorecast56 Guest

back from my duluth trip

Well guys just got back from my trip north to find me a place. I found a really nice place too. I`m on Dowling lake south of Superior. Rented a nice little 2br house with a really nice perfect garage for my boat biz. House sits 40ft from the lake. The lake has Largemouth,smallies,walleye,crappie big bluegills and MUSKY!!!!!!!!!!!

So I`m finishing up Pastorbass`s Sprint and start packing to move. Hope to be out of here in a week or so. But want to invite anybody that wants to try out some great northern style fishing to come on up. I got room. No need for a boat,I`ll have my Stratos 201 pro at the dock just waiting to go. And if anybody wants me to do their boat,drag it up there,,drop it off,,I`ll let you use my boat while I`m working on theirs. I`d be glad to take anybody up to Ely or anyplace else and do some guideing and showing them around. I know the area really well. Be a cheap trip for sure.

But I`m excited to get back up there and get settled in before i return in April for my Dale Hollow trip and take the boat back with me...

Any takers?....LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Re: back from my duluth trip

Glad it went well, I finally have a contract on my house and I too will be headed north not quite as for as you as I will be moving to Iowa. Good luck to you in the future.

Post Thanks / Like

Ah yes- the great white North. Perhaps you can learn how to catch those walleye and send tips down here for those of us that need the help. Gotta believe hardly anyone fishes after dark up there(maybe cuz of the skeeters as big as hummingbirds!?!). Keep us posted.

onemorecast56 Guest

well in duluth there wasn`t much snow left,,but where my house is south of superior,,they was going to get 6-10 inches of lake effect snow today,,,,lol guess i`ll have to be like everybody else and get me a plow for the front of the Durango...LOL well i know how to catch the walleyes in Cumberland,,or did,,haven`t tryed in a while,,,but use to limit out everytime in the spring and fall,,,but I`ve taken what I`ve learned from yrs of going up there catching eyes and brought what I learned down here,,,and it works,,and man i kill the smallies up there,,they consider them trash fish up there,,and flat kill them up there,,

Post Thanks / Like

Man, u are SO lucky to get out of there!!!!!! Hit them walleyes ice fishing! Its a blast!!

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck Doug, you can have that Northern country my friend, Hell it's too cold for me here, lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by onemorecast56 View Post
    Well guys just got back from my trip north to find me a place. I found a really nice place too. I`m on Dowling lake south of Superior. Rented a nice little 2br house with a really nice perfect garage for my boat biz. House sits 40ft from the lake. The lake has Largemouth,smallies,walleye,crappie big bluegills and MUSKY!!!!!!!!!!!

So I`m finishing up Pastorbass`s Sprint and start packing to move. Hope to be out of here in a week or so. But want to invite anybody that wants to try out some great northern style fishing to come on up. I got room. No need for a boat,I`ll have my Stratos 201 pro at the dock just waiting to go. And if anybody wants me to do their boat,drag it up there,,drop it off,,I`ll let you use my boat while I`m working on theirs. I`d be glad to take anybody up to Ely or anyplace else and do some guideing and showing them around. I know the area really well. Be a cheap trip for sure.

But I`m excited to get back up there and get settled in before i return in April for my Dale Hollow trip and take the boat back with me...

Any takers?....LOL
    What about my father nlaws boat?

onemorecast56 Guest

hell sold that junk monthes ago!....LOL it`ll be done by the weekend...