Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

South Carolina/Calapari

OK, just a couple of observations from that game the other day if you want to call it that. First South Carolina may be quite possibly the worst team in all of college ball this year, they were just God awful. They couldn't even pass the ball, lol.

Second why with a 100 point lead did Calapari leave most if not all of the starters in till almost the end of the game??? Please don't give the he was trying to teach them stuff either because that srub game taught those guys next to nothing. If I was Stacy Poole I would transfer to Louisville where he could actually get to play basketball. Wasn't that kid like a top 50 player or something, and he rides the pine, WHAT?????????????????

Post Thanks / Like

Re: South Carolina/Calapari

Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    OK, just a couple of observations from that game the other day if you want to call it that. First South Carolina may be quite possibly the worst team in all of college ball this year, they were just God awful. They couldn't even pass the ball, lol.

Second why with a 100 point lead did Calapari leave most if not all of the starters in till almost the end of the game??? Please don't give the he was trying to teach them stuff either because that srub game taught those guys next to nothing. If I was Stacy Poole I would transfer to Louisville where he could actually get to play basketball. Wasn't that kid like a top 50 player or something, and he rides the pine, WHAT?????????????????
    Just to stir the pot a tiny little bit, Stacy Poole would rather sit on the bench of the GREATEST COLLEGE BASKETBALL PROGRAM IN AMERICA than transfer and play 40 minutes and average 30 pts a game for that other team. (Just could not resist). Plus, Stacy has to move up a couple of spots in the depth chart just to get a seat back on the bench. I am pretty sure Steve Massiello and Matt Heissenbuttel are both ahead of him on the depth chart.

Post Thanks / Like

Just some quick thoughts on this game...and another note from another posts.
    First...wife and myself was at the game Sat., what a blast we had...getting to Rupp early for a little shopping, lunch and some beers was great! Although we handled the Gamecocks like I knew we could...doesn't mean that S.C. is the worst team in Collage ball this year. Any team that can beat Florida at FL. (or anywhere),..and also beat vandy this year..and came 5 points from beating us on their own floor...can't be the worst team in the NCAA!! They also gave the buckeyes a good game...although the score doesn't relect that. Lets be clear on what happended Sat., and it's called the best defence I've seen in many years of watching collage B-ball!!! And it was also "Miller Time", with the 3-point shooting!!! Here is something I found interesting today...reading the USA Today; they listed their top seeds (prediction) for the NCAA tournament. Finaly...somebody out there..other than a monster UK fan...knows the real deal.
    Southeast 1). Ohio State 2). San Diego St. 3). Georgetown 4). UK
    East 1)Pitt 2). BYU 3). FL. 4). N.C.
    Southwest 1) Texas 2). Purdue 3)Notre Dame 4) Villianova
    West 1)Kansas 2). Duke 3)Wisconsin 4)U-Conn
    For a bunch of people saying UK won't even make the dance..please are you smarter than a 5th grader? Also...I could be off base (for the first time), I don't see Jones...or any player on the team leaving for the pro's...You head it here first. I have a friend that knows Jones...and from what Im hearing..knowbody is leaving for the NBA next year!! With that being said...the out-look for UK basketball...in the next couple of years, next year...could be just unreal. Im telling ya Card fans...it will be 15 years or longer before the Cards win a basketball game VS UK! I predicted we would win by 18 points this year...so I missed by three points! Also...being a grad from the school..and got a degree in both Education..and Recreational Therapy, I took many classes with basketball..and football players alike...and Im here to tell you; they work their butts off in class...they don't get any grades under the table...and they had to do their own work..and take all test just like me! Yea...they might get a tutor for some extra help, and yes they might leave for the NBA. But while they were there, they had to keep a grade point average or they didn't play, and it was real at UK. Also...the reason why coach Cal didn't play the subs until about 1 min left. Folks...it just about that time of the year...coach Cal is getting his top players all the min. / practice he can...and he coaches like it was a tied game...for the entire game! Like I said...he is going to have this team ready for the dance! There is no time for silly games..or for an applause from the crowd..it's time to get ready to rumble...and the CATS will have some game for some unlucky team who draws us, from start to finish!

Post Thanks / Like

Dude did you just say Kentucky was going to get a 1 seed in the tourney this year, OMG man you are laughable sometimes, bhawahabahaw.

I did this post a more or less a joke, even though I do think South Carolina is just horrible and NO they will not be in the tourney.

Dude UK a one seed, please man get off the Heroin, LMAO..............

Maybe I'm reading your post wrong and you are saying UK is a four, can't see that either, 5 or 6 maybe. They got another loss or two coming. You give new meaning to wearing the Big Blue Blinder, lol.

Post Thanks / Like

After reading that Novel again I think you are saying Ky as a four. If they win out and at least make it to the SEC championship game I'll go a four but only because of the name on the Jersey....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by demodan View Post
    Just some quick thoughts on this game...and another note from another posts.
    First...wife and myself was at the game Sat., what a blast we had...getting to Rupp early for a little shopping, lunch and some beers was great! Although we handled the Gamecocks like I knew we could...doesn't mean that S.C. is the worst team in Collage ball this year. Any team that can beat Florida at FL. (or anywhere),..and also beat vandy this year..and came 5 points from beating us on their own floor...can't be the worst team in the NCAA!! They also gave the buckeyes a good game...although the score doesn't relect that. Lets be clear on what happended Sat., and it's called the best defence I've seen in many years of watching collage B-ball!!! And it was also "Miller Time", with the 3-point shooting!!! Here is something I found interesting today...reading the USA Today; they listed their top seeds (prediction) for the NCAA tournament. Finaly...somebody out there..other than a monster UK fan...knows the real deal.
    Southeast 1). Ohio State 2). San Diego St. 3). Georgetown 4). UK
    East 1)Pitt 2). BYU 3). FL. 4). N.C.
    Southwest 1) Texas 2). Purdue 3)Notre Dame 4) Villianova
    West 1)Kansas 2). Duke 3)Wisconsin 4)U-Conn
    For a bunch of people saying UK won't even make the dance..please are you smarter than a 5th grader? Also...I could be off base (for the first time), I don't see Jones...or any player on the team leaving for the pro's...You head it here first. I have a friend that knows Jones...and from what Im hearing..knowbody is leaving for the NBA next year!! With that being said...the out-look for UK basketball...in the next couple of years, next year...could be just unreal. Im telling ya Card fans...it will be 15 years or longer before the Cards win a basketball game VS UK! I predicted we would win by 18 points this year...so I missed by three points! Also...being a grad from the school..and got a degree in both Education..and Recreational Therapy, I took many classes with basketball..and football players alike...and Im here to tell you; they work their butts off in class...they don't get any grades under the table...and they had to do their own work..and take all test just like me! Yea...they might get a tutor for some extra help, and yes they might leave for the NBA. But while they were there, they had to keep a grade point average or they didn't play, and it was real at UK. Also...the reason why coach Cal didn't play the subs until about 1 min left. Folks...it just about that time of the year...coach Cal is getting his top players all the min. / practice he can...and he coaches like it was a tied game...for the entire game! Like I said...he is going to have this team ready for the dance! There is no time for silly games..or for an applause from the crowd..it's time to get ready to rumble...and the CATS will have some game for some unlucky team who draws us, from start to finish!
    I am a Big Blue fan and if the Cats win out then they will get a 4 or better seed but they won't win out first of all. A 6 point victory over Mississippi State, who they should have won by more but still proved how young they are in the end to make it that close and a blowout victory over an outmatched South Carolina team has fogged your judgement. Until they can prove they can win on the road, there is no way they run the table. They may lose against Arkansas, which has beaten Tennessee and Alabama and had a 1 point loss to Georgia at home this SEC season. Plus UK has to go to Tennessee, which loves to beat on UK any chance they get.

The most ridiculous statement that you said in all of this was "it will be 15 years or longer before the Cards win a basketball game vs UK". Forget the PUFF PUFF PASS and PUT THE NEEDLE DOWN!!!!!! Longest win streak in HISTORY is 5 games that Kenutcky had from 1916 to 1951, since 1983 it is 4 games in a row by Kentucky and the last 15 games has UK with an 8-7 edge. If not for 2 different 2 point victories by UK in games played at Louisville the edge would be 9-6 in Louisvilles favor over the last 15 games played. Louisville has won 2 of the last 4 played in Lexington including 2003 when UK was ranked #2 in the country, but go ahead and blame that on Tubby Ball. The same Tubby that lost to Louisville in 1997 but turned around and won the National Title 4 months later. Neither team will win 15 home games in a row or 15 games in a row period or even 10 in a row of either in this rivalry. I love UK as much as the next person but I am also realistic in my judgement.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL You guys are trying to talk sports with Demo? Seriously? All you have to do is go back and read his previous sports post on this board. He did pick a big UK win but he was grasping at straws and everything fell into place that one time, but you guys are trying to have a battle of sports knowledge with an unarmed person. All he does is google a bunch of stats and that is all he can find to talk about, there is no cognizant thought or rationale. Btw, if the played tomorrow I don't think UK would beat Louisville and I dang sure don't see a 15 year winning streak.

Post Thanks / Like

There won't be a 5 game win streak by either team in the next 15 years....it's too heated of a rivalry and it's hard to win on the road in college basketball period....Jones will make the jump to the NBA....He's projected as the number 6 pick to New Jersey....His draft status won't get any higher if he stays and lets be honest, these kids could give a crap less about college basketball.....They're looking to make the big bucks in the NBA and with that dangling in front of him how could he pass it up....
    Mark he was saying that UK will get a 4 seed, and I think thats possible....They could have one more loss in the SEC regular season and still get a 4 seed.....If they make it to the SEC championship, the games played on selection sunday and the tournament selection commitee will already have their bracket drawn up by the time the games over....If it winds up being UK and Florida in the finals they may make 2 slots for those teams and put whoever wins as the higher seed

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, nobody on this board bleeds blue more than me. I was delivered while my Dad chewed out a delivery nurse for saying bad things about Joe B Hall. BUt I tell you now, if we played UL in Rupp right now we would lose. So I wouldnt knock on UL so much. I see UL going deeper than UK in the tourney.