Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

2011 Kentuckiana Fly Show

As many of you know Derby City Fly Fishers is a local non-profit fly fishing club. Anyways our annual fly fishing expo is this weekend (Feb 26) at the Fern Valley Hotel and Conference Center from 9am to 5pm. You can get more info at www.kyflyshow.com. We'll have rod reps, retailers, seminars, guides, and everything else fly fishing related.

Hope to see you there... flyfish

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2011 Kentuckiana Fly Show

I guess I should also mention Bob Clouser is our featured speaker this year. He will be presenting several seminars and fly casting lessons throughout the day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flyfish View Post
    I guess I should also mention Bob Clouser is our featured speaker this year. He will be presenting several seminars and fly casting lessons throughout the day.

Here's hoping you have a great show and sorry I can't make it. Just a bit to far up the road for me. But do know a couple of guys who plan on attending. So, be our fly on the wall (no pund intended) and clue us in on the good stuff.

BTW, will you be at the Wolf Creek Clipping?

Post Thanks / Like

I won't be at the clipping, but I think there are several DCFF members heading down for the March and April clippings.

As for the show, if you want anything fly tying related you better send your list with someone Golden Rule fly shop from Oklahoma is back this year with his trailer full of goodies.

Post Thanks / Like

I will see you out there Jack. Sorry I didn't see you tonight at fly tying.

Post Thanks / Like

really enjoyed the show. Got a chance to talk with Bob Clouser for a few minutes, talked to some friends and finally got a chance to meet and talk with Ian and Charity Rutter, who are legendary when it comes to fly fishing in the Great Smoky mountains National Park.

Also hooked up with a guy and we are going to do a rafting expedition for smallies in the Big South Fork this spring/summer.

Very good show once again.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds about like my experience Tim. The show was awesome. Thinking of trying to find a way to do the Steelhead School, that sounded pretty good. After he signed the copy of Fly Fishing for Smallmouth Bass I purchased, he let me take a picture with him. Really enjoyed his presentation and casting demonstration, particularly his whipping the crowd.http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/z.../Photo0202.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Very Cool photo Colonel, wish I could have met you while out there. You are interested in the steelhead school and I got my eye on Ian and Charity's fall Hazel Creek camp. Don't know if you saw the details on that but here is a link: http://www.randrflyfishing.com/fly-f...creek-campout/

I am thinking of doing the unguided for $600. All you have to do is bring your fishing equipment, clothes and sleeping bag and everything else is covered.

Post Thanks / Like

That would have been pretty cool. Going down to Cumberland on the 14th, 15th, and 16th if the lake doesn't rise too much more in the coming two weeks. Watched their presentation about their guiding operation and what they do in the Smokies and was impressed. That trip sounded appealing but I am curious if one of the things included was licensing?

Post Thanks / Like

I doubt license was included. In the park you only need either a Tennessee or North Carolina license. Tennesse offers a 3 day non resident license but I don't remember the cost.

Post Thanks / Like

They are much better than most places. Looks like $33.50 for a three day permit including trout, with additional fees if you are fishing some special areas. In Indiana I think a non-resident license in like 80 bucks.

Post Thanks / Like

You don't need the trout stamp to fish the park. I usually buy a non resident yearly license in Tennessee license for $41.