Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Unless Rupp Arena becomes MOBILE.....

and can be moved to every single sight of the games that UK plays in the NCAA or NIT, they just may never win outside the friendly confines of Lexington Kentucky the rest of the season. With them being 19-8 and 7-6 in the SEC and a guaranteed loss at UT the last game of the season and certainly no gimmes at home in between against Vandy and Florida, they just might not win another game the rest of the season, period.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Unless Rupp Arena becomes MOBILE.....

Cal is figuring he can wear down the othere team. But Pelphrey adjusted a little quicker than he expected.

Post Thanks / Like

Billy is right I thought Calapari got outcoached as well. That move at the end of regulation to put his best defenders on the floor was risky but payed off and it also too Calapari by suprise bigtime.

Post Thanks / Like

Like we all said long ago...Other teams have UK figured out. Once in a while UK plays so well they can impose their will but usually they fight to stay in the lead without the ability to run away. Tired legs, no inside game and not so great game time coaching doomed these guys...again.

Question for the diehard UK fans...Whats up with Jones? Wasn't he a man child at the beginning of the season? I remember him looking like noone could stop him. His fire and no fear play was great to watch but to me it looks like he is tame by comparison. Anyone follow it close enough to know his stats or if I'm off base here?

Post Thanks / Like

The NCAA games are sometimes like home games as well as UK travels. I still haven't lost hope in this team, yet. I think they are much better than their record.

With regard to Jones, I do not have much use for him. I do not think he plays smart basketball and the team plays worse with him in there, IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Don, Jones has been exposed. He has that pet move or two with the left hand make him go to his right and he's done.... He is also lazy and doesn't move well without the ball and spends waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time on the perimeter.

Game film killed Jones. He'll be back next year, he's becoming quite average.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    Don, Jones has been exposed. He has that pet move or two with the left hand make him go to his right and he's done.... He is also lazy and doesn't move well without the ball and spends waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time on the perimeter.

Game film killed Jones. He'll be back next year, he's becoming quite average.

Sorry Mark, barring a lockout or something, Jones is good riddens to the NBA. He is bored and does not want to play college ball. He reminds me a lot like Orton and Bledsoe acted towards the end of last year. Get thru the first semester of school, then, know your turning pro, stop caring about the game, show no fire or intensity and go thru the motions. He will be drafted in the top 10 on potential alone. He still has the skills to bring the ball up the court and since very few teams play defense in the NBA, he does not have to worry about being bodied and stuff. Surefire, one and doner. You are correct in that game film has killed him plus Harrelson. He will be able to stay on the perimeter next year and won't have to go down low and bang with the giants. Goner for sure

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe so but alot of publications showing Mock drafts show his worth dropping like the stock market. You are probably right and he might make a decent pro, but he will not be a stand out go to player. He seems very lazy to me, I have nothing against the kid he just seems lack luster and in second gear all the time.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    Maybe so but alot of publications showing Mock drafts show his worth dropping like the stock market. You are probably right and he might make a decent pro, but he will not be a stand out go to player. He seems very lazy to me, I have nothing against the kid he just seems lack luster and in second gear all the time.....
    I totally agree 110% with all of this. If Jones is drafted in the Top 10, no matter if it is on potential or not, then the talent is worse than I thought because there has to be at least 10 players better than him that will be in the Draft.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elnutsmalljaws View Post
    and can be moved to every single sight of the games that UK plays in the NCAA or NIT, they just may never win outside the friendly confines of Lexington Kentucky the rest of the season. With them being 19-8 and 7-6 in the SEC and a guaranteed loss at UT the last game of the season and certainly no gimmes at home in between against Vandy and Florida, they just might not win another game the rest of the season, period.
    If you would have told me at the begining of the season that UK and UT would have the record they do now I would have said your crazy. I really thought UT/UK would walk away with the sec east, shows what I know. As far as a guaranteed loss at UT, uk has a good chance to win that game. UT has been so unpredictable this year, lost games to teams they should have beat, and lost games were they had sizeable leads with less than 10min left in the game. Dont get me wrong, I want UT to run them out of the gym, but I dont know which team will show up.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you guys hearing the rumor about an altercation in the locker room after the game/ I heard it involved Lamb but not heard any FACTS, just rumor and speculation.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_T View Post
    Are you guys hearing the rumor about an altercation in the locker room after the game/ I heard it involved Lamb but not heard any FACTS, just rumor and speculation.
    I heard it was false,just a rumor and nothing to it.