Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Will the UN ask for No Fly Zones in Libya?

I'm wondering if they will ask for No Fly Zones, and what countries will enforce them??

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...59e5b2184a5428

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/28/wo...8military.html

I'm thinking something is about to break loose there. Ole Muammar is killing quite a few of his own to hold onto power........

I'm not advocating for our involvement.......I'm just wondering if the "world" will demand it.

AND when they do........what will Obama do about it??

Lots of real world foreign policy issues are facing the golden child, and he really has not stepped up to the plate.........Can he?? Will he??

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Will the UN ask for No Fly Zones in Libya?

I was stationed in Germany in 1985 and 1986 when we were on alert because of this knucklehead Gaddafi and his support of the Red Army Faction which was an active terrorist group in Germany.
    I remember Reagan had enough of them and their terrorists ways and bombed them. I don't remember how long before gaddafi backed down but he did. I also remember France not letting us fly in their airspace and that was typical crap from them. At least that is what we were told on base about france.
    If the United Nations have to decide what to do then this will go on for months because they can't seem to make any decisions without debating it to try and prove their worth.
    I'm thinking back off and let the crap happen. If we jump in then we will have to jump in on the next country that has problems.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    I'm thinking back off and let the crap happen. If we jump in then we will have to jump in on the next country that has problems.
    Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!

Let them sort it out.

We've sent our troops into enough places here lately where they walk down the street not knowing who to salute and who to shoot.

HURRICANEBOB Guest

I agree, let Libya sort it out, and only if they do so on the wrong side step in to "show them the light". Countries sometimes emerge from revolution better than they were......US for example.

No fly zones? Naw, I say fighter cap and just splash any aircraft of any nationality that shows hostile intent. Let Alaha sort them out!

Post Thanks / Like

want to bet we get involved. I'll say it again, GET THE UN OUT OF America! When ever the UN decides to get involved, We wind up doing the fighting,Look at that fiasco in mogawhat ever.Kosovo[us]. Already britan is pushing for involvement. We are going to be asked to feed the refuges, as we cut back on programs to feed our poor.They are muslims, peaceful folks according to them, let em kill each other. will save us from doing it later.And the americans ehat are still there, who told them to go there in the first place?Its OIL again, we use ours to help china and europe keep theirs. Screw em!

Post Thanks / Like

^ +1 on getting U.S out of the darn UN.

Does us no good, they take our hard earned monies and give it to whomever they please.

It probably will never happen, we have lost our sovereignty to them forever.

Post Thanks / Like

I am more concerned with the idea floating around to arm Lybian protesters.

This may be a bad idea. Most of the arms may end up in Al-Qaeda hands or their supporters. When there is a power vacuum Al-Qaeda will be ready to step in. Good idea for arms manufacturers, not a good idea for US security.

From what I have seen looks like the people in Lybia are gainning momentum.

Freedom does come with a price. Lybians need to demand and fight for their own freedom.

Seems freedom given on a silver platter is not cherished as freedom that is fought for.