Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

anybody going to the 4-H outdoor expo sat.

I taught about it, but the temp sat is going to be 57, so i might be fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Re: anybody going to the 4-H outdoor expo sat.

I may go. Dunno yet. Kentucky sounds pretty good to me though.

Post Thanks / Like

me and my son are going down on 21st for 3 days, we are going out of ky dam village

Post Thanks / Like

Nice. Great time for big fish and smallies. Let me know if you want to meet up at gander or some place and I can mark some slots for ya.

Post Thanks / Like

thougt about ky. but with gas so high probaly won,t would take a good hunk of my check probablyly close to 150 to 200 counting gas for the boat .i,ll probably fish closer to home this yr.

Post Thanks / Like

We are not doing tourneys out of Paris because of gas. I think we are only doing the triton owners that far south cause of gas. Northern end of Barkley and Kentucky for me this year.

Post Thanks / Like

I have never heard about this event before. Is it something new or is this something that's been going on for a while?

As for the gasoline prices. I hate these high gas prices as it not only affects my fishing and driving but the cost of a lot of of other goods and services.

There is a huge difference between $3.00/gallon and $5.00/gallon gas prices.

I grew up when gas prices were only 25 cents a gallon and we filled up the Pontiac Grand Prix and the Ford Gallexy 500 for less than a few dollars.

When we were in high school we could cruise the West Side for 50 cents a night. Now we pay $3.50/gallon (going up and up here at home) while those living in Saudi Arabia only pay 25 cents a gallon.

I have a small boat with a 6 gallon gas tank which lasts me all year long just fishing Bluegrass F&W area. But it still costs me money to haul the boat to the F&W area and back.

It's a four hour trip from Evansville down to Paris TN on KY lake. I don't remember the number of miles but it's a long way. It's been more than 5 years since I drove down there to fish KY lake.

It's about 75 Miles from my house to Patoka Lake (Newton Stewart Area) and that's only one way. That's about 150 miles total. I get about 20 mph on the highway when not pulling my boat. I have been lucky in that I have a friend who lets me fish with him out of his boat and so I can leave my boat at home when I go to Patoka. I help pay for gas for his boat and we both save some money. I probably only get about 15 mph when I pull the boat behind my truck. I was paying about $10 a tank to fill my little truck but now it's costing me about three times that much since back around 2003 when I started fishing again. Gas prices have gone up and back down and now they are going back up again in the last 8 years.

I would think that more people will be fishing local waters more often than before due to the higher price of gasoline. But there will still be lots of guys that will still take long trips to fish new waters. They may not take as many trips as before but they will still go fishing. They may just have to cut costs else where.

Post Thanks / Like

If you want to fish tournaments close to home this year you might consider the American Legacy Ohio River series. If you would like more information just email me at dshardes@aol.com. All are close to Evansville......

Don

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post
    I have never heard about this event before. Is it something new or is this something that's been going on for a while?

As for the gasoline prices. I hate these high gas prices as it not only affects my fishing and driving but the cost of a lot of of other goods and services.

There is a huge difference between $3.00/gallon and $5.00/gallon gas prices.

I grew up when gas prices were only 25 cents a gallon and we filled up the Pontiac Grand Prix and the Ford Gallexy 500 for less than a few dollars.

When we were in high school we could cruise the West Side for 50 cents a night. Now we pay $3.50/gallon (going up and up here at home) while those living in Saudi Arabia only pay 25 cents a gallon.

I have a small boat with a 6 gallon gas tank which lasts me all year long just fishing Bluegrass F&W area. But it still costs me money to haul the boat to the F&W area and back.

It's a four hour trip from Evansville down to Paris TN on KY lake. I don't remember the number of miles but it's a long way. It's been more than 5 years since I drove down there to fish KY lake.

It's about 75 Miles from my house to Patoka Lake (Newton Stewart Area) and that's only one way. That's about 150 miles total. I get about 20 mph on the highway when not pulling my boat. I have been lucky in that I have a friend who lets me fish with him out of his boat and so I can leave my boat at home when I go to Patoka. I help pay for gas for his boat and we both save some money. I probably only get about 15 mph when I pull the boat behind my truck. I was paying about $10 a tank to fill my little truck but now it's costing me about three times that much since back around 2003 when I started fishing again. Gas prices have gone up and back down and now they are going back up again in the last 8 years.

I would think that more people will be fishing local waters more often than before due to the higher price of gasoline. But there will still be lots of guys that will still take long trips to fish new waters. They may not take as many trips as before but they will still go fishing. They may just have to cut costs else where.

i hear ya, thats why me and my son are going out of ky dam village so we are close to the hotel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustinM View Post
    Nice. Great time for big fish and smallies. Let me know if you want to meet up at gander or some place and I can mark some slots for ya.
    thanks Justin, i"ll send you a message on FB and meet you out there.