Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Current Average Water Temperatures/Rising Water levels and the Crappie Spawn.

have any of the lakes got warm enough to start a crappie spawn? i know the magic number is somewhere around 60 or 61 degrees. I am going to nolin tomorrow for the weekend and want to fish for crappie but the water is up and im not sure where to start for crappie in these conditions. And if anyone knows what depth they are biting let me know. Also what are the best lures for this situation. How is the water being up this early going to effect the spawn? And one last thing. Whats the best way to catch bass in these conditions? Thanks alot. Newt

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Current Average Water Temperatures/Rising Water levels and the Crappie Spawn.

Quote Originally Posted by newt View Post
    have any of the lakes got warm enough to start a crappie spawn? i know the magic number is somewhere around 60 or 61 degrees. I am going to nolin tomorrow for the weekend and want to fish for crappie but the water is up and im not sure where to start for crappie in these conditions. And if anyone knows what depth they are biting let me know. Also what are the best lures for this situation. How is the water being up this early going to effect the spawn? And one last thing. Whats the best way to catch bass in these conditions? Thanks alot. Newt
    the water is probably no where close to 60 deg...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Current Average Water Temperatures/Rising Water levels and the Crappie Spawn.

you might want to check out my post "nolin trip this weekend" or something like that. I am also going down sunday-tuesday and plan on trying to go after the crappie. i got a couple pointers on what to try. either way, i hope we both have some luck.