Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Jimmy ''UK'' Dykes

It's almost as bad as listening to Oscar Combs. This guy cannot call a game objectively when it's UK on the floor, what a complete Homer. He had hisself built into such a lather by the end of that game he was ready to put Ky in the championship game. I swear half the time I don't even no what he's talking about during a game, lol. Matt Jones with a headset, lol. At least Nessler is a professional.

Just my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jimmy ''UK'' Dykes

I am glad to see there is somebody on EARTH that knows a little bit about basketball that is not stuck up the Big East, ACC and Big Ten's keister. All you hear on ESPN is Big East this, ACC that, Big Ten this.....PUKE!!!! But I guess when former ACC, Big East and Big Ten players and coaches is what you go then what do you expect. Jayson Williams ACC, Digger Phelps Big East, Jay Bilas ACC, Andy Katz Big 10, Pat Forde worked at Louisville Courier jornal, Doug Gottlieb born in Wisconsin played ball at Notre Dame, Dicky Vitale always in ACC's kiester.......Glad to see somebody with some common sense loves the Big Blue

Post Thanks / Like

Jimmy Dykes is a fool plain and simple. Glad the SEC is stuck with him calling their games.

Digger Phelps is just as bad as Dykes and possibly worse, but he never coached in the Big East.

All that being said, Matt Jones should be banned by the FCC. The guys knows little to nothing about sports, obviously never played or coached. What are his qualifications? Oh thats right, he is a sheisster Lexington attorney. I am sure he is quite the talented lawyer, especially with all the facts he normally uses in his arguments on air! Matt Jones it eh one person in all of media that I would love to meet in a dark alley with no witnesses around!

Post Thanks / Like

I guess you homers prefer the "Afternoon Underdogs" and their Kentucky bash fest? Pot meet Kettle.

For what it's worth.Jimmy Dykes has not been pro-UK most of the year and most Kentucky fans cannot stand him as a color guy in the SEC.

KENTUCKY 2011 SEC TOURNAMENT CHAMPIONS!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

The dogs are not that big of Louisville Homers. They talk about how much they liked UK last year. They have explained this several times on the air. Listen to the show. They are Louisville fans but not even on the same planet as Jones.

Post Thanks / Like

You mean Jimmy "Violent Cuts" Dykes?

or, Jimmy "Guard Your Yard" Dykes?

or, Jimmy, "Drive to The Nail" Dykes?

Personally, even though he was an Assistant Coach at UK, I think the guy's a blowbag. Drives me nuts, but slightly less nuts than Vitale drives me.

Jay Bilas probably has the most level head of them all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrSplitshot View Post
    You mean Jimmy "Violent Cuts" Dykes?

or, Jimmy "Guard Your Yard" Dykes?

or, Jimmy, "Drive to The Nail" Dykes?

Personally, even though he was an Assistant Coach at UK, I think the guy's a blowbag. Drives me nuts, but slightly less nuts than Vitale drives me.

Jay Bilas probably has the most level head of them all.
    Except for the part about Bilas, I agree totally. I hope we can get thru the tournament with having to listen to Dykes yap about Jimmy's Jet.
    GO BIG BLUE

Post Thanks / Like

I am with Split on this one, I think Bilas is the best in the business and he is a good sport too.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Jimmy ''UK'' Dykes

All I can say is go BIG BLUE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_T View Post
    I am with Split on this one, I think Bilas is the best in the business and he is a good sport too.
    I also agree with Split. Bilas is a true professional and calls the game correctly. Most Ky fans hate him because he played at Duke, I still don't get that, whatever......

My God Dykes does talk about that frickin nail constantly, lmao...........