Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Louisville vs Morehead St

How bizzare is that, I didn't see that one coming....

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Louisville vs Morehead St

Joe Lunardi, the same guy who I said was an IDIOT, in another post had UK against Morehead State in round 1. Right state but wrong team. Does not seem right to me. Why put 2 teams in the same state against each other?

Post Thanks / Like

Louisville played Morehead State back in the 2009 Tourney, after Morehead won their play-in game...Faried was a Freshman and had 14 points...but the Eagles lost to the Cards by 20.

I suspect this year to be much the same.

The Cards will be fine.

Vanderbilt/Richmond in the next game might be a challenge, especially if it's Vandy and they are making shots.

If they win there, the next game will be the end of the line against Kansas.

(Just like UK's end of the line will likely be Ohio State in that same round.)

Post Thanks / Like

As of this moment, I am looking seriously at a Louisville run to the Elite 8. I like our draw and especially like the match up if we get vandy in the Second Round. The reason I am thinking we could get past Kansas is because Pitino has never lost a Sweet 16 game and I think a lot of that is because he is very good at getting a game plan together with time to prepare and there is several days between the second round and then Sweet 16. I don't think we are better than Kansas by any stretch of the imagination, but we only have to be better on one night.

Post Thanks / Like

Kenneth Farried is a MAN on the inside. Louisville may win the game but their bigs will certainly get a feel for Farried.

Post Thanks / Like

U of L get past Kansas, really Tim? Without a doubt one thing has kept UL from being an elite team this year, and that's their inside play....Hell, UK ate them alive inside and UK's inside game isn't exactly top notch...The Morris brothers would have their way with UL, but to be honest I don't expect to see those two match up....Not sure which one it will be, but one of them won't make it that far

Post Thanks / Like

FIL I said as of this moment I am leaning that way. Not sure if I am going to pick it that way or not. I agree that U of L will be outmanned but they will have basically a week to prepare a game plan. That and Pitino never ever losing a sweet 16 game is the only reason I am looking at it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_T View Post
    FIL I said as of this moment I am leaning that way. Not sure if I am going to pick it that way or not. I agree that U of L will be outmanned but they will have basically a week to prepare a game plan. That and Pitino never ever losing a sweet 16 game is the only reason I am looking at it.
    They have to get to the Sweet 16 first. Morehead State is no cake first rounder and Vanderbilt, out of the pathetic SEC, is no easy task in round 2.

Post Thanks / Like

I think we match up well with Vandy. I don't know much about Richmond, but they have been known to pull of some upsets over the years in the tourney. I see the Morehead game going much like it did last year. Morehead plays there tale off and hangs around for a while, but eventually depth and talent will win out. I know Farried is very good, but Pitino has a way of slowing down the good players and I don't think Morehead has anybody else that is going to step up.

Post Thanks / Like

If UL and Vandy are both making 3's that game could be a real barn burner...I think UL is too quick for them though

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fishin is life View Post
    If UL and Vandy are both making 3's that game could be a real barn burner...I think UL is too quick for them though
    My thoughts exactly, I'd be lieing if I didn't say I wasn't worried about this game.

Before you start Woody I have busted the SEC's chops all year but alwyas have had the caviat that Ky, Florida and Vandy are good teams, check back if you don't believe me. After that, the league falls WAAAAY off, Tenn stinks in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Tenn is dangerous. I think if a team takes them as a win before actually playing the game they will lose. Better watch em.