Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Charity Fishing Tournament 5-1-11 at Lake Waveland Benefitting Brook's Place

If you want to participate in the fishing tournament you will want to mail your application in as soon as possible. Lake Waveland only allows 25 boats to participate in a fishing tournament so when 25 paid applications are received we will be unable to accept any additional entries into the tournament although you could still come out to Lake Waveland Park and participate in all the activities during the day including Corn Hole, Casting Competition, Prizes, Free Food and Drinks for those who purchase raffle tickets. The tournament weigh-in will take place shortly after 3pm at the boat ramp weigh-in station. The tournament payout, raffle drawings, food and drinks will be held at the shelter at the top of the hill near the tennis courts. Even if you are not a tournament fisherman or you are unable to go to the event you can still make a cash donation to the charity by writing a check to Brooke's Place and mail it to Indy Bass Club 433 N. Kenmore Rd. Indianapolis, Indiana 46219.

A word from the Bob Gates Pay-It-Forward founder, Lisa Gates

My husband, Bob Gates, passed away suddenly and unexpectedly on January 20, 2008 at a young age of 36. My young children and I were absolutely devastated. We had MANY wonderful friends help us through our troubling times. My son's football coaches organized a poker tournament to raise money to help me and my children. I was so grateful and knew that I wanted to do something to help others in their time of need. Since the poker tournament that was held for me and my children, we have hosted poker tournaments that have helped 6 families. We have named ourselves "The Bob Gates Pay It Forward" crew.

Mike Botos has been a friend of me and my late husbands since we were young. Mike is part of a fishing club that participates in tournaments and charity events. He approached me, wanting to pay respect to Bob and host a fishing tournament for charity, honoring Bob. Bob was a very giving person--a genuine, caring friend to EVERYONE!! I explained to Mike, my burning desire to PAY IT FORWARD. The Bob Gates Pay It Forward Crew loves being able to let the legacy that Bob created live on.
    Brooke's Place and Ben Keckler hold a special place in my heart. Both Brookes Place and Ben offered me and my children counseling during an extremely grief filled part of our life. At a time when I could not afford counseling but desperately needed it, Brooke's Place and Ben Keckler counseled us for free. I will forever be grateful for your time, kindness and generosity.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Charity Fishing Tournament 5-1-11 at Lake Waveland Benefitting Brook's Place

What is the cost of the tournament?