Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget Amazon.com!!!!!!!!!

Just want to remind everyone that Amazon.com carries a lot of those hard to find parts and accessories for you boat and fishing tools.

I recently upgraded my batteries from group 27 to group 31s. Looked at Walmart, Kmart, Boat dealer and could not find a group 31 battery tray. Amazon had them for $6.95 (free shipping if you wait and order $50.00 at one time). Got them in two days. (wife ordered a bacon press and NOAA weather radio so we got free shipping)

Two years ago when I upgraded my trolling motor I was trying to match up the plug already installed on my boat. Yes Amazon had the same plug in the male version so I did not have to replace the whole plug.

Their prices are as good as any catalog if not better and THEY EMPLOY HUNDREDS and HUNDREDS of KENTUCKIANS!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Don't forget Amazon.com!!!!!!!!!

Just to let you all know....A personal friend of mine just dealt with Amazon.com, using his credit card to purchase the items he bought.... Not even 24 hours later....

Got a phone call from his credit card company that someone in Cal. was using his credit card number's to make purchases at a Target Store.

So be careful when making purchases over the internet with your credit cards....

I only use the store bought Credit cards that have a certain amount of money on them, Like the $50.00 to 100.00 max amount cards. That way if someone steals the credit card number's somehow..The most their gonna get is only what's left on the card that I didn't use up when I used the card originally....

Post Thanks / Like

when dealing with online vendors, I generally ONLY use Paypal. You have some level of protection there.

later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MsgMills View Post
    Just to let you all know....A personal friend of mine just dealt with Amazon.com, using his credit card to purchase the items he bought.... Not even 24 hours later....

Got a phone call from his credit card company that someone in Cal. was using his credit card number's to make purchases at a Target Store.

So be careful when making purchases over the internet with your credit cards....

I only use the store bought Credit cards that have a certain amount of money on them, Like the $50.00 to 100.00 max amount cards. That way if someone steals the credit card number's somehow..The most their gonna get is only what's left on the card that I didn't use up when I used the card originally....
    When you get these you don't have to give any personal info during registration do you like a SSN?

Post Thanks / Like

No you only have to give phone number and address and name the card will be in....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MsgMills View Post

I would question the connection to the charges in California and Amazon purchase.

Lots and Lots of these thrid party reports like this fail to reveal all the facts. I would look at this report with a grain of salt. Amazon is a secure site. I have ordered scores of times with Amazon using my credit card with no problem. I have also used my card with Northern tool, Harbor Freight, Bass Pro shops, Cabelas and others never had any issue.

I would say that Amazon is as secure as Bass Pro if not more so.

Most of these fraud charges stem from the bank security. US Bank had big leak. If you find an unauthorized charge on your card you can contest the charge. My credit card also offers anoption for a one use number assigned for a one time online purchase, but I have never used this option.

The other option is to just drive 85 miles to Bass pro shop for a $3.00 pack of jig heads and pay cash.

There is more numbers hacked by using your card at gas stations than on line. The biggest security breach is clerks in stores recording your number and selling it.

But then again the CIA is probably involved in some way.