Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Adrian Peterson is an IDIOT

Adrian Peterson, running back for the Minnesota Vikings, is one of the if not the best running back in the NFL. But, this IDIOT told Yahoo sports that the NFL owners are conducting "Modern Day Slavery" in their dealings with the players. So Mr. Peterson, how much do today's Modern Day Slaves make to play a kids game, in your case $10,000,000 that is $10 MILLION DOLLARS. Boy that is a lot of cotton, hell that is a lot of cotton gins. Somebody please put me in slavery like that, let me ride around in corporate jets, stay in the fancy hotels when on the road, have trainers and doctors at your fingertips to fix the boo boo's, let me play a kids game and still get paid $625,000 per game no matter if we win, lose or draw.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Adrian Peterson is an IDIOT

Quote Originally Posted by elnutsmalljaws View Post
    Adrian Peterson, running back for the Minnesota Vikings, is one of the if not the best running back in the NFL. But, this IDIOT told Yahoo sports that the NFL owners are conducting "Modern Day Slavery" in their dealings with the players. So Mr. Peterson, how much do today's Modern Day Slaves make to play a kids game, in your case $10,000,000 that is $10 MILLION DOLLARS. Boy that is a lot of cotton, hell that is a lot of cotton gins. Somebody please put me in slavery like that, let me ride around in corporate jets, stay in the fancy hotels when on the road, have trainers and doctors at your fingertips to fix the boo boo's, let me play a kids game and still get paid $625,000 per game no matter if we win, lose or draw.

That is abusrd, but he is not the only athlete to use that analogy. What is really bad, is most like it is an insult to some of his ancestors who truly were slaves.

Post Thanks / Like

My bet is his Great Great Great Grandfather who was working in the fields for NOTHING would have loved to have $625 dollars much less $625,000 or $10 Million. If any of these over paid snot nosed athletes had to pick cotton, harvesting peanuts, work on the plantation or any other thing the slaves did back then just for a day, they would have a different perspective. Hell if the over paid snot nosed athletes had to work a 9-5 and live paycheck to paycheck in TODAY's world they would have a different perspective. Sorry, gotta go, my banker is calling me to ask for a loan.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the players have a legitimate beef against the billionaire owners, but eh players say some of the STUPIDEST things imaginable. First, Peterson's comment about being a millionaire slave. Oh, poor baby. That's so offensive to a country full of ridiculously hard working folks barely (or not) getting by. Second, they want the draftees to boycott the draft. These guys have worked all their lives to hit the jackpot, aren't yet members of the union, might have their salaries limited by the union negotiations, and are expected to lose out on one of the greatest moments in their lives? That's just ridiculous. I don't have much sympathy for the future millionaire draftees, but still the players union is STUPID! Of course, the owners insisting that the players reduce their share without proving that the owners are losing $ is even dumber.

Do you think they know how offensive this is?

Post Thanks / Like

The slavery word is just another word certain Blacks have learned can be used to their advantage of being victimized these days or at least the appearance of..... It's bad taste, poor judgement, insulting and shows their mentality.
    Sounds like Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and Rev Wright will be on TV soon speaking for the Unions.

Post Thanks / Like

I am pretty much a sports nut. When I say nut, I am watching a rerun of Strikeforce which is MMA. I will watch everything from the 4 majors sports to soccer to womens basketball to curling to MMA, you name it. I have always been this way. Now I have a 7 year old son that is a STUD athlete. I call a spade a spade and when I say that I will put my 7 yr old boy up against any other 7 yr old boy in Frankfort in Flag Football, Soccer, Basketball and soon Tackle Football I mean it. He is a STUD. Now I know it is a BILLION to 1 odds of him making it to the professional level in any sport. But as he is now, he is watching these sports with me. It is hard for fathers to show him the good of the game in today's times. When I was growing up the Pro Athletes accepted that they were role models and kids looked up to them. Now days athletes make it known they are not role models. I am not asking them to raise my child in no way. I would like to see the professional athlete hold himself and carry himself in a respectable manner. When an African American Athlete wants to play the "Black Race Card" or in this case "Much worse the Slavery Card", it does nothing but make himself look worse. He can justify it all he wants but Peterson cost himself a whole lot of money, especially from the "White" corporate world. When the Kansas City Chiefs payroll for last season was over $81 MILLION dollars and they were the lowest paid team versus the New York Giants payroll was over $138 MILLION dollars, none of these players are going to be hurting. Peterson said in the same interview, "Without us, the Players, there is no game". I say send them all to the curb and bring in players from the Canadian Football League and other leagues, pay them a portion of what you paid these spoiled brats and you will find players going all out every play every second plus they will carry the water, clean out the locker room and "all other various duties".

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/f...icleid=1323715

This idea that the owners need to show their "books" to the players bothers me. I guess down to my core I'm against workers feeling they are the reason something exists. It's just not true.

Don't the owners get to enjoy some privacy over their business decisions? Why is it that workers get to decide how much you make or get to keep from your investment. I don't know the details but the idea of Unions (again) pushing the people who pay their salaries bothers me.

Post Thanks / Like

What just kills me is that so many sports owners, athletes, actors, etc seem ungrateful for the wonderful living they "earn" that wonderful salary is only because of the fans that support these events. You would think that somewhere in their thought processes they might consider what might happen if they lose those fans!
    Without the FANS there is no money!

Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree that what A.P said was way out of line, and that these guys make waaaay to much money to ever complain. But, several of you said that the workers (players) are not what makes things go/work.....I disagree. I'm a huge Colts fan and love football in general, and I can tell you that I would not be watching the NFL or the Colts if they replace them with a bunch of washed up, not quite good enough to make it the NFL players. It would be like watching college football (which I love), but with the players getting paid. The players ARE the league. Can they do it without the owners and their stadiums??? No. But what do the owners have without the best (or any) players??? Empty seats!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/f...icleid=1323715

This idea that the owners need to show their "books" to the players bothers me. I guess down to my core I'm against workers feeling they are the reason something exists. It's just not true.

Don't the owners get to enjoy some privacy over their business decisions? Why is it that workers get to decide how much you make or get to keep from your investment. I don't know the details but the idea of Unions (again) pushing the people who pay their salaries bothers me.

Don, I have to disagree. This is a completely different situation in that the workers are a select group that have skills that others do not. The players are the reason the owners make these billions and without them the NFL is done.

I admit to being on the players side in this fracas. There is no way they should add two more games to the regular season. These guys bodies take a brutal beating and have a short career as it is. They put their health at risk for the entertainment of the fans and it is not a long career. The money is already there so it is not like the ticket prices will rise. Players salaries come from the crazy amount of TV money that is thrown to the owners, not from ticket prices.

Post Thanks / Like

The issue with the Owners versus the Players in the NFL is a version of a company with Management versus Employees in a union with a contract. I have never and will never be a "union" guy. I have said before and will say again, if "Companies" are ran correctly then there is no need for a union. "Correctly" meaning Management is firm, fair and consistent to the Employees, Employees give an honest days effort for an honest days pay. Both sides doing what is asked of each other is a way that both sides will get in the end what is fair for both sides. The players asking to see the books for the past 10 years, which I agree that ownership has the right to make as much money as they can, is in reference to them "hiding or diverting" $4 Billion dollars in revenue. This sure does look shaky if the owners are hiding money. There is absoluetly NO WAY that any games are missed. Bottom line is both sides are making money hand over fist and both sides know that if games are missed then money is lost by both sides. An agreement will be reached, the lockout will be over and all will be good in the world again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_T View Post
    Don, I have to disagree. This is a completely different situation in that the workers are a select group that have skills that others do not. The players are the reason the owners make these billions and without them the NFL is done.

I admit to being on the players side in this fracas. There is no way they should add two more games to the regular season. These guys bodies take a brutal beating and have a short career as it is. They put their health at risk for the entertainment of the fans and it is not a long career. The money is already there so it is not like the ticket prices will rise. Players salaries come from the crazy amount of TV money that is thrown to the owners, not from ticket prices.
    Tim,
    I understand what your saying but it can be said that without owners there are no players. Without business folks and lawyers making great TV deals and bringing in the money there are no games to watch. "Which came first the chicken or the egg"?

If all the players in the NFL decided to hang it up today the next round of guys from the College ranks would be in line to fill those slots in a heart beat. Super stars would be made and these guys would love the life they worked so hard for.

The players are employees and it's just sports. I love to watch it and these guys can make whatever the market or owners will allow...I could care less but when they feel like they can hold the hand that feeds them in the fire I have a problem with it. Go on strike because they feel they want more or deserve more? It just stinks of Union bullies and I hate that!

I don't own the company but I'm in on the fray when it comes to alot of issues with money and how much we pay guys. Some guys see a contract for $100K-500K and think wow why can't I have some of that. They have no knowledge of what the insurance, bennies, gas, trucks, cell phones, computers, maintenance and so on costs us each month. They just see the money. I'm of the belief it's not an employees business what an owner makes. If you don't like what your making and can't get a raise move on.

Adding two more games is silly for the reasons you stated. I don't know all the details of who wants what other than a few items that have been shared on ESPN..I'm sure there are alot more. No sweat Tim we all have our opinions on these things and from the looks of it the owners and players union are great examples of that.