Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Some College Coaches make me sick....

While I am on my soapbox and pissed off at my daughter for not doing the stand up thing, woman up and take responsible for the child that you beared instead of taking the easy road out................

Jim Tressel tries to save face and ask the University to extend his suspension from 2 games to 5, "so that he and his players can face their issues together" is a bunch of GARBAGE. Don't let him get away with asking for a 5 game season in hopes that this will satisfy the NCAA. Send him packing for the whole season.

Bruce Pearl's new conference after Tennessee getting DEMOLISHED by Michigan was nothing more than a plea and a job interview for the very job that he has or had. How bad does a team play to go from up 6 with 8 minutes left in the first half to getting beat by 30? Then to sit there in the post game conference and talk about having 6 seniors on pace to graduate, 3 that have already graduated and 3 more on pace. Except for the game at Rupp, we have been in every game down the stretch and junk like this. We were one of the best 68 teams in america and we made the NCAA tourney. If Dez Bryant, wide receiver for Oklahoma State, gets suspended for the whole season for lying to the NCAA about meeting with Deon Sanders and the NCAA holds their coaches to a higher standard then send him packing for 2 seasons, wherever he is coaching next year.

Coaches are making MILLIONS of dollars and they can't spell Honesty and Integrity, much less show it.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Some College Coaches make me sick....

We all have seen in life it's who you know and how much money your making them that matters. College sports is all about winning.......Winning at all cost for some and winning at any cost for others.
    Coaches remind me of politicians. They have to promise the world to get the job, they get treated like royalty, they usually get in trouble with lying, women or cheating. When they are caught red handed they still lie about it. The degree of punishment they receive is based on who they know and how much power they have.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Some College Coaches make me sick....

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    We all have seen in life it's who you know and how much money your making them that matters. College sports is all about winning.......Winning at all cost for some and winning at any cost for others.
    Coaches remind me of politicians. They have to promise the world to get the job, they get treated like royalty, they usually get in trouble with lying, women or cheating. When they are caught red handed they still lie about it. The degree of punishment they receive is based on who they know and how much power they have.
    That is why I have always said, "They are Athletic Students, NOT Student Athletes"