Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Uneven tire wear!!!!

Just looked at my trailer tires and the driver side is worn on the outside. and the passenger side is worn on inside.

Was wondering if you guys thought maybe my axle got shifted if that is what is causing this.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Uneven tire wear!!!!

tracy, i noticed the same on mine last year and rotated them and seems to be wearing better. not sure why they wore down unevenly though.....

Post Thanks / Like

Axle jumping is real posibility. I would inspect the axle bolts closely. These are either square or rounded Ubolts where the axle attaches to the springs. Check for tightness and look to see if there has been movement. Most axles have an axle keeper on the springs to line them up with. May have jumped out of the keeper.

Post Thanks / Like

my axle bolts are square. I'm going to the lake tomarrow. After launching I'll check the keeper things to see if they've moved. Thanks. Going to rotate also.

Post Thanks / Like

I could be where if you turn the same way on the ramp when you unload and it pivots on the same tires all the time.I have wore mine out on all my trailers on the left side because i alwys turn to the left on the ramp.It does make a difference now i try to rotate my turns and has helped

Post Thanks / Like

What is the air pressure in each tire?

Post Thanks / Like

My inside edge started wearing funny after I hit one of the big dip's on I-65 last year, I took it to Tony's brake and alignment on Popular level Rd. and had them do an alignment on it. The spindle's were actually bent up and back from the bump on 65 i assume. Anyway they rebent the the axle and everything is back to normal, cost about $75. Alot cheaper than what the trailer company was going to charge me, $75 to look at it than $75 a hour, I think not.
    Kydog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kydog View Post
    My inside edge started wearing funny after I hit one of the big dip's on I-65 last year, I took it to Tony's brake and alignment on Popular level Rd. and had them do an alignment on it. The spindle's were actually bent up and back from the bump on 65 i assume. Anyway they rebent the the axle and everything is back to normal, cost about $75. Alot cheaper than what the trailer company was going to charge me, $75 to look at it than $75 a hour, I think not.
    Kydog
    I pulled my boat out a few days ago (replaced tires a couple weeks ago without pulling it out) and noticed why my tires were wearing so bad on the inside...they are splayed out on the bottom. I plan on calling Tony's tomorrow and see if I can get an app't. R&W in E-town said they can't do anything for it.

Post Thanks / Like

Kydog
    Mine are doing the same thing guess I'll be calling Tony's!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tracy View Post
    Just looked at my trailer tires and the driver side is worn on the outside. and the passenger side is worn on inside.

Was wondering if you guys thought maybe my axle got shifted if that is what is causing this.
    Drivers side has too much positive camber and the passenger side has too much negative camber!

Thats my guess! Good luck.
    DA

Post Thanks / Like

air presure has nothing to do with one side or the outher,to much air you wear out the middle not enough air you will wear out the sides.C-MARSHALL hit the nail on the head.THANKS

Post Thanks / Like

Kydog
    KYDOG thanks for the info on Tony,s called them today and taking it in thusday but prices have went up to 80$ hope it is as simple as your alinment, Thanks Again
    Bill