Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pittsburgh???

Post Thanks / Like

Pittsburgh???

With Butler having a 10 point lead with 5 minutes left in the first half, I sure do hope Pittsburgh can rally to win. I would hate to hear all the excuses that is made for Pittsburgh, being the greatest team in the greatest Conference in America. Please Pitt rally Please Pitt, Go Big Pitt Go Big Pitt Go Big Pitt

Oops, the task just got a little bit tougher. Shelvin Mack, Guard on Butler, went to Bryan Station High School and that is Bad News for the Pitt Panthers. Bryan Station, for those that don't know, is in LEXINGTON KY and we all know there is a certain college in that same city that knows a little bit about the roundball game. I sure do hope Pitt can find some "onions" and win this game for I want Florida to send them packing in the Elite 8. It would pit the "Lousy" SEC Regular Season Champ against the Godzilla Big East Regular Season Champ. Neither of them won their respective tourneys but Florida made it the championship game and I am still looking but I don't see where Pittsburgh even competed in its Conference Tourney......No check that I was wrong they did compete....No check that they were bounced in the first game they played.
    Last edited by elnutsmalljaws; 03-19-2011 at 07:59 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pittsburgh???

Somebody call Dan Marino and see if he has any eligibility left. With Butler up by 4 with 4 minutes to go they just may need a late hail mary pass. Survive and Advance just Survive and Advance, Go Pitt Go Go Pitt Go Go Pitt Go Two Four Six Eight Who Do We Appreciate, Butler Butler Butler

Post Thanks / Like

The Butler did it in Washington with the Candlestick. The Candlestick just put out the flame on the Big East "claim" of being the Best Conference in America. The Big East Selection Committee, aka NCAA Tourney Selection Committee, paved the yellow brick road for Pitt to make it to the Final Four with the weakest bracket of all and they choked. How big are Cardinal bones anyways? That makes a couple of Big East teams that seem to have choked on them lately. All I know is if Notre Dame happens to stumble then the Big East just may become the BIG LEAST.

Post Thanks / Like

Always seems that when the one seed gets an "easy road", they always blow it. I saw butler play in their conference tourney final and couldn't figure out how they lost so many games. No reason they can't make the final four this year either.....

Post Thanks / Like

They did have the easier road. Florida should not have been a 2 seed, BYU is not a 3 seed after losing their Center late in the year, Wisconsin could not score more than 33 points against Penn State in their game before the big dance. Easily the easiest of the 4 regionals and they can't even get to the Sweet 16.

Post Thanks / Like

At least Pitt showed they had some "onions". It was just too bad they were the small Pearl Onion and not that Delicious Sweet Vidalia variety about the size of a Softball.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elnutsmalljaws View Post
    BYU is not a 3 seed after losing their Center late in the year
    BYU just ran Gonzaga out of the gym...the same Gonzaga that looked like a Final 4 Team on Thursday against St. John's...(even though St. John's was a man down)...

Butler vs Wisconsin/Kansas State

BYU vs Florida

Winners battle for the Final Four.

I think this bracket is completely up for grabs. If BYU plays in the Sweet 16 like they did tonight, they will be a tough out for Donovan's boys. The Cougars might have a run in them - They were playing very sharp tonight, in unison, and with purpose.

But I could say the same for Butler, for Florida...hell, even Wisky is looking good...

Post Thanks / Like

Wisconsin didn't get burned by the "big ten drought" tonight, but they will at some point. They drive me nutz. Never win when you're rooting for them, always win when you're rooting against them. So expect them to beat Butler then get blitzkrieged in the game after that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrSplitshot View Post
    BYU just ran Gonzaga out of the gym...the same Gonzaga that looked like a Final 4 Team on Thursday against St. John's...(even though St. John's was a man down)...
    But St. John's was a Big East team. I don't give credit to any team for beating one of them. They all just aren't that good.

Post Thanks / Like

Go Big Ten baby.....woooooooty woooooot......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by know1 View Post
    But St. John's was a Big East team. I don't give credit to any team for beating one of them. They all just aren't that good.

St. Johns lost their best player for the season with a torn ACL. They are not the same team they were before his injury. Before his injury they beat Duke like they stole something, after his injury, they lose to Gonzaga in their first toruney appearance in ages.

Post Thanks / Like

Most aggravating thing about the Pitt/Butler second round game, is Louisville is watching and the Cards beat both of them this season!