Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

My high school Christian Co. wins state!!!

Well CCHS made it to the state football 5A (got blowed out by Highlands),..and we made it to the State Champ Sweet 16... and won it all in B-ball this past weekend! Now, all three high schools from Hopkinsville has a b-ball titles!!! They say even CCHS baseball team is all that!! Could you believe that... they might make all 3 major sports to the state champ.!! I heard that the Louisville team, Eastern's b-ball team, that we beat in the Semi's,... has 4 players going to Div. 1 schools...yet Christian Co. shot them down hard! CCHS won without a low post player...the talest player is 6-2!! We maybe have one player going Div. 1!
    I wonder if that has ever happened, ...a high school having all three major sports in the STATE game?? It was just a great weekend for me over-all; had quality time with my daughters horse back riding all weekend! Cats took on one of those Big Least teams...just like I wanted..sent them back home to by-god West Virgina where they belong. Im winning my office brackets, as usuall!! It was great to see all those big gun big east teams drop as I predidcted. I wanted UK to have the toughest road to travel...we got that. I didn't cry like everyone did when we got that 4 seed, thats fine! I know we must go through hell to get to heaven,,might as well get it on now. Coach Cal is doing a wonderful job coaching and getting his team mentaly ready, that is soooo important...it's not busniess as usual Mr Pitino! Now it's time to send the Buckeys home...... Friday night baby!! I love Friday Nights!!! Go Big Blue...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: My high school Christian Co. wins state!!!

Eastern took out my high school Alma Matr in Clark County. Congrats

Post Thanks / Like

I watched their game with eastern on Saturday morning and couldn't believe they were able to come back and win. I really thought it would be Eastern and Bullitt East in the finals. with Eastern winning it all.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to your old H.S. basketball team for winning....

No matter how it goes in sports in this state. It seems that if your not part of Jefferson County, then you don't exist or even stand a chance at winning a major Championship in a sporting event. Same thing goes for anyone who is not from St. X or Trinity in Football.

I'm always glad when a School outside Jefferson County wins a Championship of some sort. Brings a realization back to the Schools of Jefferson County that they are not always gonna be the Top Dogs in Sporting events in the State.

Now I was some what disapointed that Dupont Manual's Lady Crimson's didn't win their State Title game a couple weeks ago....Had to root for them since my son goes to Manual and is the School's mascot. But two top notch teams squared off against each other and it took overtime in order to decide a winner....

again congrats....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MsgMills View Post
    Congrats to your old H.S. basketball team for winning....

No matter how it goes in sports in this state. It seems that if your not part of Jefferson County, then you don't exist or even stand a chance at winning a major Championship in a sporting event. Same thing goes for anyone who is not from St. X or Trinity in Football.

I'm always glad when a School outside Jefferson County wins a Championship of some sort. Brings a realization back to the Schools of Jefferson County that they are not always gonna be the Top Dogs in Sporting events in the State.

Now I was some what disapointed that Dupont Manual's Lady Crimson's didn't win their State Title game a couple weeks ago....Had to root for them since my son goes to Manual and is the School's mascot. But two top notch teams squared off against each other and it took overtime in order to decide a winner....

again congrats....
    Mills, there are plenty of teams from out in the sdtate that win at various sports. Not sure where you got the idea that this wasn't the case. Heck, if you want to be in fine company, go to Rupp for the Sweet 16 and buy a ticket to a Louisville school versus any where else in the state and watch the crowd cheer against the Louisville school. It always amazes me how the people out in the state hate the city of Louisville, but are living off the city's tax dollars. Take Louisville's tax money away and the state is bankrupt.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_T View Post
    Mills, there are plenty of teams from out in the sdtate that win at various sports. Not sure where you got the idea that this wasn't the case. Heck, if you want to be in fine company, go to Rupp for the Sweet 16 and buy a ticket to a Louisville school versus any where else in the state and watch the crowd cheer against the Louisville school. It always amazes me how the people out in the state hate the city of Louisville, but are living off the city's tax dollars. Take Louisville's tax money away and the state is bankrupt.
    The state is bankrupt even with Louisville's tax money.