Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

All this talk about domination..........

We need another topic to debate and argue. I think the parity that now exists in both college football and to a bigger extent college basketball is here to stay. Admit it, who had VCU in the sweet 16 with an average margin of victory around 16 points? They may very well have been the last team to actually get in the tourney this year.

So who were the last totally dominant teams from your day? Mine's the UNLV team that won the title in 90 and then ran undefeated the next season all the way until the title game against Duke. NBA talent galore on that team. Kentucky in 1996 also rings the bell. I remember they basically destroyed everyone in the way with a few close games sprinkled here and there. Even on their worst day they got behind 30 and then came back to beat LSU in about 10 or 12 minutes. Now they did lose a couple of games but it seemed like they beat every team in the tourney by 20-40 points until they got to the final 4.

OK, open up a can.............toss in football as well if you want but it is March..........

Post Thanks / Like

Re: All this talk about domination..........

Gators Mens Basketball and Mens Football. Bball National Titles 06, 07. Football National Titles 96, 06 and 08. Plus SEC Titles in both but most are in the Football program.

Post Thanks / Like

Best Team was Indiana's 1976 team that went undefeated...No other team has accomplished the feat since then...Most likely never will now that the 3 pointer has been put into the game for College games. Although UNLV came very close to doin it..But ran into a team from NC. called Duke......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MsgMills View Post
    Best Team was Indiana's 1976 team that went undefeated...No other team has accomplished the feat since then...Most likely never will now that the 3 pointer has been put into the game for College games. Although UNLV came very close to doin it..But ran into a team from NC. called Duke......
    I was -1 month old when the Hoosiers ran the table. Almost went two straight undefeated seasons. Obviously don't remember watching them play, but yeah I'll be they were fairly dominant!

Post Thanks / Like

That 1976 IU team was loaded with Kent Benson, Quinn Buckner and Scott May. I wouldn't say they were the best team ever though, Bill Walton and that UCLA team was awesome. It is hard to top an 88 game winning streak.

Post Thanks / Like

I was 9 when the IU team went undefeated and even younger when UCLA had their teams so I can only compare to what I can remember and the 1996 UK team was pretty good. They won the championship with an absolute IDIOT at the helm.