Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Guntersville report

Quote Originally Posted by jig bob View Post
    I have never fished that lake. How far is it from Louisville?
    about 5 hrs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Embrey View Post
    about 5 hrs
    Yep. If you live in Louisville and you don't hit Nashville Traffic you can easily make it in 5 hours. I live in E-town and it only takes 4 hours to get to the North End of the lake (Scottsboro) and that's doing 65 & 70 mph on the interstate and 2 Pee breaks. We were pulling with a diesel so we went slower trying to conserve out $4 gallon fuel.

Post Thanks / Like

Thats not bad at all. I live in Shepherdsville so i could cut that 5 hours down some. Where is the best place to launch for a new guy on that lake? Is there lodging close by?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jig bob View Post
    Thats not bad at all. I live in Shepherdsville so i could cut that 5 hours down some. Where is the best place to launch for a new guy on that lake? Is there lodging close by?
    You could stay in Scottboro, plenty of lodging around there. However, you may have a hard time getting a room on short notice this time of year. There are hundreds of ramps on that lake so you won't have a hard time finding a place to launch.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 00SKEETER View Post
    You could stay in Scottboro, plenty of lodging around there. However, you may have a hard time getting a room on short notice this time of year. There are hundreds of ramps on that lake so you won't have a hard time finding a place to launch.
    uh...hundreds???

Post Thanks / Like

I've still got a bad taste in my mouth from my trip on the 18th. Every boat ramp I went to were jam packed. Everybody I talked to was doing horrible. The first day we came back to the dock were the college guys were putting there fish back in the lake from there tournament. The fish they were putting in were enormous. Every one of them. I was a virgin to the lake but I should of hired a guide the first day to show us the lake. Because I was clue less on we're to go. That being said we fished all types of places and had terrible luck. We were around a ton of boats and never saw a fish being caught, and nobody had over 1 or 2 in the box.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Embrey View Post
    uh...hundreds???
    Maybe not hundreds

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cooter 33 View Post
    I've still got a bad taste in my mouth from my trip on the 18th. Every boat ramp I went to were jam packed. Everybody I talked to was doing horrible. The first day we came back to the dock were the college guys were putting there fish back in the lake from there tournament. The fish they were putting in were enormous. Every one of them. I was a virgin to the lake but I should of hired a guide the first day to show us the lake. Because I was clue less on we're to go. That being said we fished all types of places and had terrible luck. We were around a ton of boats and never saw a fish being caught, and nobody had over 1 or 2 in the box.
    One piece of advice, don't go on a weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm leaving this Sunday and coming back late Friday. I'll post a report next weekend when I get back.

Post Thanks / Like

It was fishing very different this last week. I spoke with a guy who was catching over 20 lbs every day the end of february and had 5 keepers in 3 days last week. He said they dropped the lake 4 feet in a couple of days. Another group of 3 boats told me they have been going there for 10 years and it was awful for them. Between 3 boats the day I spoke with them they had 1 keeper and 1 drum. I know its a great lake and that's why I went but even the best lakes can be tough at times.

The current was so bad, I was going with a 15 mph wind down a bank and when they started pulling my boat went the opposite way of the wind...that is pulling water hard. The good thing was the spotted bass started biting. There are some BIG spots in that lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KR View Post
    Yeah Guntersville *****...tell everyone who inquires it is an overrated fishery! People need to know not to waste time, money and gas going to that terrible no fish lake!
    Tell everyone to stay away! It is a no fish lake! I hope no one will go to my favorite lake that is the best in the USA!