Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Do You LIve In Ky?

And my question to all the U of L fans an UK fans....Do you live in the state of Ky or city of Louisville or Lexington?
    I would still be rooting for the Card if they were in it. It's just me. Some of you guys are ribbing each other and most of us can tell it's all in fun. Some though are taking it like they have bet the farm.
    You'll have better luck sticking a wet noodle up a wildcats arse than cramming BS down my throat. All season long it's been as if we are in " One-Up-Harry" mode or the "Last Word Lenny mode.

We have a team that will be playing against a bordering state that does nothing but poke fun at ALL Ky'ians. And you can quarandamntee they wouldn't care which team they would play. So all you JOhnny Big Ball Blue/vs/Red haters have a nice day...

I live in Ky...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Do You LIve In Ky?

I grew up a Cat fan and still am. Louisville was never really on my radar, but I was happy when they did well. A few years ago, a good friend of mine made L'ville's basketball team and I became a diehard Card fan as well.

Since then, I'm still a Cats fan, but I am not a Cats FAN fan. And it's this way with most Card fans I know. They'd love to root for UK, but their experience with anti-UL hatred from UK fans makes that about impossible.

I'm not justifying anti-UK sentiment, just explaining that I see why it exists. I'm with you, Billy, I wish we could just pull for every in-state team.

Post Thanks / Like

Born in Louisville, raised in Louisville, never left Louisville, never lived anywhere else. Waaaaaaaay back in the day of Never Nervous Pervise, Pervous Ellison for President, etc....I was a die-hard U of L fan. Not sure hat happened....at some point I guess I suddenly realized watching basketball was interferring with other things so I said to heck with it.

Go Cats...But mainly go Cards!....Go Cats, go cards...it's all fine by me either way.

Post Thanks / Like

I have done my best I really have to put that hate stuff aside. I really like Brandon Knight and Miller. When I was a kid I loved Ky basketball, had posters, shirts on and on. My Dad God rest his soul was a diehard UK fan. So was my oldest brother who is also gone now. I get rode hard by UK fans and for the most part can take it UNTIL it turns nasty and gets arrogant and frickin stupid. When it's gets nasty and mean I can get that way with the best of them!! I ain't big and I ain't bad but I'm too stupid to be scared. I guess what I'm saying is when you have Calapari saying crap like ''Everybody wants to be like Kentucky'', the other day it makes me wanna puke.

Alot of UK fans are fine and keep it real others are so full of themselves they are flat sickening. Comments like Everybody's Superbowl, the biggest game they have had in years playing our Cats and all that arrogant bullsh it makes me mad enough to smack a midget. Alot of UK fans live to trash Louisville it's their **** goal in life, I guess because they don't have anything better to do, I don't know. Look at the posts here lately on this site, it's a frickin joke and DON'T tell me that it is all light hearted ribbing either, I didn't fall off the **** turnip truck yesterday. I HATE OHIO STATE. I will watch the game and pull for my home state even though I HATE CALAPARI with every fiber in my body. I do think Ohio state will drum UK out of the gym though, they are just to strong in every position and shoot the three best in the country at 42.3%.

I hear what you are saying Billy and I understand but a fella can only take so much. You don't see me and TimT on here trashing UK and Indiana all the time like SOME of these UK guys. I'm done, you posted this thread and this is how I feel about it.

Also I'm willing to bet you made this post as a serious one but I will give it till 10am before it turns into a Louisville bashfest and how great the MIGHTY UK BASKETBALL TEAM IS, OH HALE TO THEE MISS MAYBERRY.............

Post Thanks / Like

I am a Louisville fan plain and simple. I grew up just south of the City limits, went to games as a kid and even took some classes there years ago. LOL Mark, I even had a political science class with Pervis!

I only cheer for one team, the University of Louisville. I will not cheer for UK, Morehead, Murray, Western or anyone else. My rooting interest lie with the Cards and that is it. I don't care who wins or loses, I will not be cheering for OSU to beat the Cats, just don't care to root for anyone.

I think the vocal UK fans on the message boards and that call to the sports talk radio shows are an embarrasment to all of us. They only
    reinforce the stereotype that outsiders have of our state.

Oh, guess I should change that, I hope Bellarmine wins the NCAA D 2 national title. For those that don't know, they one in the elite 8 yesterday. Their coach Scott Davenport was the head coach at Louisville Ballard when they won the Sweet 16 in 1988. They had longtime NBA star Allen Houston and defeated Clay County in the championship game even though Richie Farmer pumped in 51 points in that game. Davenport also coached at Louisville under Denny and Pitino before building the Bellarmine program.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I never said where I live, sorry bout that. I live Oldham County KY, I was born and raised huntin and fishin in farm country, now it's all subdivisions and makes me very sad.

Starting being a Diehard Cards fan in 1976 or 1975 I can't remember exactly. Liked the style of ball and loved Denny Crum, still do. Also the UK fanbase made me wanna hide my head sometimes. My God just listen to the Big Blue call in line two times and tell me you didn't at some point say 'ON MY GOD' to yourself outloud, lmao..........

GO Bellarmine Knights, Scottie Davenport is getting it done boys.

Post Thanks / Like

Grew up a hardcore Kentucky fan. Still bleed blue though I live in Louisville. I will cheer for both teams untilthey play head to head. I have friends who are the "i cheer for Kentucky or anyone playing against Louisville" mentality and it is pretty childish. With that said, the percentage of bad UL fans/all UL fans is equal to bad UK fans/allUK fans... the percentage of the fan base that is annoying is equal. It just turns out that there are more UK fans than UL fans thanks to a whole state full of fans. So math will tell you that you will encounter more bad UK fans than UL fans. But dont fool yourself, they both have equally a$$hole-ish fans. Dont make it out like Kentucky fans are the worst but all Louisville fans are angels.

Post Thanks / Like

Good point Walker, I hope I didn't make it sound like all Card fans are Angels because that isa certainly not the case as there is good and bad with anything. But I do feel the level of just complete OBNOXIOUSNOUS is more prevalent in the UK camp in my humble opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by walkeraviator View Post
    With that said, the percentage of bad UL fans/all UL fans is equal to bad UK fans/allUK fans... the percentage of the fan base that is annoying is equal. It just turns out that there are more UK fans than UL fans thanks to a whole state full of fans. So math will tell you that you will encounter more bad UK fans than UL fans. But dont fool yourself, they both have equally a$$hole-ish fans. Dont make it out like Kentucky fans are the worst but all Louisville fans are angels.
    When UK loses, I don't see my friends who are UL fans gloating on Facebook and message boards, or pictures of a wildcat in a coffin, as I do when UL loses. Cards fans aren't angels, there's some UK haters in there. But there's a much greater percentage of UK fans who are UL haters than there are UL fans who are UK haters. But as I said, most Card haters hate the sense of entitlement and obnoxiousness of UK fans, not the UK program.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    Good point Walker, I hope I didn't make it sound like all Card fans are Angels because that isa certainly not the case as there is good and bad with anything. But I do feel the level of just complete OBNOXIOUSNOUS is more prevalent in the UK camp in my humble opinion.

I totally agree with ya Walker as well...But can honestly say from true personal experience....I root for my Hoosier's and most Indiana Schools. I rooted for U of L until I moved to the State of Kentucky....

When I lived in Indiana, I thought Ky fans were the worst fans in the world about being obnoxious and hatefull towards anyone who didn't root for UK.... Since it was about 99% UK fans I ever came across, the other 1% were U of L fans who hated UK.

But Ky. fans don't hold a candle to the Obnoxious , hateful , spiteful..down right mean faced U of L fans I have met since moving to the State of KY. where I now reside. Hence this is the reason i now root for Uk and Indiana and totally despise anything related to U of L except for their Baseball team....

Post Thanks / Like

Lexington all my life. UK fan first and foremost, Then state schools "unless they're playing the CATS", then conference teams!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Born and raised in Clark County but live in Frankfort now. I am a UK fan always have always will. I HATE Rick Pitino and everything he stands for. Some for leaving UK in the first place MOSTLY how he left UK. When Pitino goes away I will root for Louisville every game except when they play UK. I am the arrogant cocky jerk that certain post are directed towered this year but am also the arrogant jerk that had post directed towards him last year after the WVU game. I will also be the arrogant jerk that the post will be directed towards tomorrow around midnight after Ohio State bounces us from the tourney. If Louisville or Kentucky or Indiana fans can't handle the mud slinging then maybe they should not fire the first or any shots. Each school thinks their program is better than the rest and results from the past present or future can be turned around in any way you want to show each team in the best light. That is what being a FAN short for FANATICAL is all about. Jerks Arrogant Passionate Stupid Cocky are all words that describe fans of each team. I for one bust chops here and have no problem getting my chops busted back. I give what I get and don't see it changing. Fans are fans fanaticals are fanaticals whether it is your team my team your conference or my conference.