Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New limit on catfish at Taylorsville

Quote Originally Posted by Embrey View Post
    isnt using someone elses limit slightly illegal?
    I actually never thought about it but the kids would be pulling the jugs up as much if not more than me...gotta let them have fun. I don't know how that works now that you got me thinking about it. But as mentioned above, 30 per boat, which would be fine with me too.

Post Thanks / Like

how deep do you guys set your jugs? and what baits?

Post Thanks / Like

on my older rigs I ran about 4 ft. on all my new ones I run 5 ft. As for bait, 100% cut shad. I've had absolutely no luck on anything but cut bait....a friend of mine has had luck with bluegill heads too. Worms/nightcrawlers...nope. Chicken/beef livers...nope. Hot dogs...nope. Shrimp....nope. minnows....nope. With the huge shad population, it seems like that's all they go after.

As shad stink quite a bit and are oily, you may have luck with a stink bait.

Post Thanks / Like

I use several jugs at different depths. Most of mine are 8-10 foot deep. My favorite is cut skipjack and i have had some luck on blood bait that you can buy at Walmart. Just remember you are only allowed so many jugs.

Post Thanks / Like

I have 30 on my new ones, 22 of my old ones. On a good day I can't handle more than 15-20 as I'd have 2-3 running at all times, a couple flopping in the bottom of the boat, lines getting tangled. It's gets pretty exciting sometimes when they are on. The most I've ever set out was 30 I believe and didn't catch but 2......a sad day.

Post Thanks / Like

I bet it was better than working....

Post Thanks / Like

man i bass fish at tville and always see you guys out there. never guessed you we catching that man fish. sounds like fun i might have to try this summer. but it will be all catch and release.

Post Thanks / Like

Thats what i do. Catch and release, i'm not a big catfish eater.. I just love to catch them. I have never seen catfish look as clean as they do in Taylorsville Lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jig bob View Post
    Thats what i do. Catch and release, i'm not a big catfish eater.. I just love to catch them. I have never seen catfish look as clean as they do in Taylorsville Lake.
    they aren't too bad but I still make the effort to clean them up good. I usually run a blade down the spine section of the filet cutting them in half length-wise and trim 1/4-1/2" of meat off both sides as that's where the brown meat usually is. My wife got real picky about it on some bigger fish a few years ago so now I trim them all up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quick question. I see guys out there all the time with jugs scattered from one side of the lake to the other, is it ok for me to pick a hole between the feild of jugs and run on plain through them? I'll typically try to go around but sometimes the trees in the water prevent me from being able to. I try not to be a jerk about it and never knew what was acceptable to the juggers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by worm1 View Post
    Quick question. I see guys out there all the time with jugs scattered from one side of the lake to the other, is it ok for me to pick a hole between the feild of jugs and run on plain through them? I'll typically try to go around but sometimes the trees in the water prevent me from being able to. I try not to be a jerk about it and never knew what was acceptable to the juggers.
    if you have no choice, that's what you can do. I personally would prefer if you slowed down a bit but it wouldn't bug me too much. What really gets my blood boiling is if I'm clearly off to the side and some idiot planes through them when he could easily go around them. It happened to me last year and I jumped into the driver's chair to have a chat with him. I was gaining on him until he saw me and he hammered it down. I had every intention of boarding his boat to settle it in person. I was extremely PO'd b/c it was plain-as-day intentional. And before anyone says anything...yeah I could have gotten into trouble but it would have been he said vs he said and at the moment I was willing to go for it. I repeat I'm not saying my actions were smart but it was the heat of the moment.

Post Thanks / Like

I too encountered a jugger some years ago at T-ville and the jugs were stretched clean across the bay.

I wanted to be polite, but geez,the entire bay was covered in jugs. I just cranked down to idle and puttered my way through the flotilla of jugs.