Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

nolin water level and current fishing conditions.(whitebass/crappie/bass)

Nolin is 3/4 of a foot below summer pool. do you think they will drop it back down to where it would normally be this time of year or dam it up and let it stay at summer pool early. anyone been down in the past couple days. How is the water clarity. Still muddy? are the white bass in the jumps yet? any info on nolin will be much apreciated. Thanks. Newt

Post Thanks / Like

Re: nolin water level and current fishing conditions.(whitebass/crappie/bass)

Post Thanks / Like

White bass are as far up as White Mills dam some 60 miles above Wax. Lots being caught between Spurrier and the White Mills area. Thinking they are heading back to lake accorrding to my neighbors. Nice batches of crappie also. With the high waters this year they just cruised right over Spurrier dam. Get your canoes and kayaks out and go get them.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. I didn't know they would run that far. Is that typical or because of the flood?

Post Thanks / Like

Flood waters allowed them to get past spurrier dam. I've caught a few scattered about in years past this far up so it's not uncommon to find one up here, howerver the flood allowed them to come on up. I've been told from my friend he has probably caught 200 white bass in the past couple weeks up here and nice some batches of crappie.